The goals of the posting policy are: to reduce the clutter of flyers taped to surfaces in the building, present a neater appearance for visitors, protect painted surfaces from marring and make better use of the facilities staff time.
Law School students, faculty and staff are encouraged to promote information about their meetings and events via Wayne Law's daily and weekly email communications. Contact Mary Hiller, community outreach coordinator, for further assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (313) 577-4834.
There are several spaces throughout the Law School where officially recognized Law School student organizations, law students, faculty, administrative offices and a limited number of solicitors are able to post. The Law School reserves the right to take down all postings that don't comply with the policy or those displayed past the advertised event or deadline.
Review the entire policy before posting announcements and other information. The posting policy applies to all those mentioned above.
All posters/flyers shall only be posted on:
- Bulletin boards (that aren't being used by a student organization or Law School office/department, e.g. the law library)
- There are two large bulletin boards along the basement stairwell.
- Four-sided kiosk in the front lobby and the kiosk in the law library foyer.
- 8 1/2x11 silver metal frames on the doors in the main stairwell and in the main elevator.
No posting is allowed on the following:
- ANY painted surface
- Glass windows
- Elevator walls
- Inside classrooms
- 11x17 silver metal frames
- Don't post on top of another flyer.
- Be courteous of others and limit the number of posters and flyers posted in a given space (e.g. don't post 10 campaign flyers on the same bulletin board).
- Don't remove any posting or flyer without permission. If there is an inappropriate posting or posting found in an unauthorized space, contact Communications and Marketing or the Office of Student Engagement and Culture and a staff member will remove the posting, if necessary.
- Please be courteous and remove your flyers after the event; otherwise it will be removed.
- All law student candidates running for Student Board of Governors (and/or other student organizations if applicable) must adhere to the above policies.
- Please review the SBG Election Regulations regarding the posting of campaign materials
- Materials shall not exceed 9 inches by 11 inches in size.
- Campaign literature and paraphernalia may be distributed anywhere except within the classroom building on the days of election.
- Campaign paraphernalia consists of small trinkets or baked goods, flyers, postcards, etc.
- Campaign paraphernalia shall not consist of inflatables or other materials that will obstruct walkways and/or otherwise present a hazard or nuisance.
- Report any campaign posting violations or concerns to Student Affairs.
- Student Affairs and/or Law School staff reserve the right to remove any postings or paraphernalia/items in violation of this policy.
Updated: July 2019