Damon J. Keith Scholarship
For more than 50 years, U.S. Court of Appeals Judge Damon J. Keith defended the Constitution, helping communities enforce their civil rights. His decisions have desegregated public schools, broken color lines at corporations and required municipalities to repair the damage caused by systemic racism.
Today, his legacy is honored at Wayne State University Law School's Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights, a hub for civil rights teaching, research and action in Detroit and beyond. Wayne Law is also proud to offer the Damon J. Keith Scholarship to qualified students.
2022 Damon J. Keith Scholarships, in amounts up to full tuition, are available to incoming first-year J.D. students who attended:
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Hispanic-serving Institutions
- Tribal colleges and universities
- Elementary, middle or high school (public, charter or private*) in Detroit
- *Must have been a resident of Detroit, Michigan, while attending private school
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.