Apply for an externship
Judicial and Public Service Externships
- For Judicial and Public Service Externships, contact the approved externship placement(s), from the lists below, where you would like to complete an externship. Inquire about their application deadlines and requirements. If you wish to request approval of a field placement not on the list, email email@example.com.
- Proceed with the externship application process provided by the particular externship field placement. Typically, placements will ask for a cover letter, resume and writing sample. Some placements will require an interview and/or background check.
- Once you have been offered a position, complete the appropriate externship application form below for the externship course(s).
Corporate Counsel Externship
- For a Corporate Counsel Externship, complete the online application.
- Applications are organized and sent to the participating corporate counsel placements who then contact students for interviews.
- Placements provide their ranked choices to the Wayne Law externship office. The Externship Office then contacts students about the offers. There is not guarantee a student will receive an offer.
- Students may be required to complete a background check and or drug test before beginning at their placement.