Wayne Law admits a diverse cohort from around the world to its LL.M. program every year. Applicants must have already earned a J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school or an equivalent degree in another country.
Applications for winter 2022 are now open. The deadline to apply for winter 2022 is November 15, 2021. You will automatically be considered for an LL.M.-specific scholarship if you complete your application by this date. Extensions to the application deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Click below to create an application and apply through the WSU Graduate School.
All applicants must meet the requirements for admission to the WSU Graduate School. In addition, the following are the minimum admission requirements for the LL.M. program:
- Earned a J.D. degree from a law school in the United States, or an equivalent degree in another country: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended; applicants with a degree from a non-U.S. institution must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation of that degree (which serves as the official academic transcript), completed by an approved credential evaluator.
- Personal statement: Provide a one- to two-page statement advising "what are your career objectives and how will an LL.M. degree contribute to accomplishing these objectives." This is also an opportunity for you to introduce yourself and provide information about your background, experience, skills and/or goals.
- Resume (written in English): Your resume should include professional, education, and leadership experiences you feel are relevant to your candidacy.
- Legal writing sample: Submit a sample of your legal writing. This may be a brief, memorandum, academic note that you wrote while in law school or in the workforce. It should include minimal editing from others and demonstrate your ability to write and analyze case law.
- Strong letter(s) of recommendation.
Applicants who are not native speakers of English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The minimum scores accepted are:
- TOEFL: 600
- Computer-based TOEFL: 250
- Internet-based TOEFL: 100
- IELTS: 7.0
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Wayne Law will temporarily accept the following tests from any international student applying to begin enrollment for fall 2021 or winter 2022 admission:
- Duolingo - minimum score 125
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) – minimum score 75
Questions about the application process? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.