Black Law Alumni Council
The Black Law Alumni Council (BLAC), chaired by Wayne Law alumnus Rasul Raheem '84, was created in 2020 as an affiliate of the Wayne State University Alumni Association. The vision of the Black Law Alumni Council is to provide meaningful support for Black alumni, faculty and students by building a community of law alumni who are engaged and committed to supporting the mission of Wayne Law.
- Rasul M. Raheem '84, '03, Chair
- Judge Debra Nance '99, Vice Chair
- Jessica Mills '16, Secretary
- Lawrence C. Mann '80, Founding Member
- Elliott Hall '65, Honorary Chair
- Judge Leonia Lloyd '79
- Judge Patricia L. Jefferson '86
- Judge Michael E. Wagner '87
- Erika Matthews-Jackson '97
- Robert Thomas '13
- Steve Williams '09, '12
- Monica Smith '09
- Jerry Dorsey IV '86
- Judge Christopher Blount '06
- Executive Committee members provide strategic guidance and direction to the Black Law Alumni Council and its various committees.
- Student Success Committee members build connections between Black law alumni and current students through mentorship and student-alumni programming opportunities.
- Faculty Success Committee members engage with and support current Wayne Law faculty with a particular focus on faculty diversity.
- Alumni Engagement Committee members plan and coordinate a variety of alumni networking events throughout the year.
Membership on the council is open to all Wayne Law alumni. If you'd like to learn more about the Black Law Alumni Council, complete the BLAC interest form below. You will receive updates about the unique BLAC events, activities and opportunities that take place throughout the year.
Interested in learning more about the Wayne Law Black Law Alumni Council?
Complete the form below to receive updates about the unique Black Law Alumni Council events, activities and opportunities taking place throughout the year.