Dual LL.M. with University of Maribor Faculty of Law
Students entering the first year of the LL.M. program at the University of Maribor can apply for the dual LL.M. program with Wayne State University Law School in Detroit, Michigan. If admitted to the Wayne Law program, students would complete a Wayne Law LL.M. degree in any of the offered majors (Labor and Employment Law, Corporate and Finance Law, Taxation, or United States Law) in as little as one year. Maribor students will receive a 50% tuition discount at Wayne Law.
The Labor and Employment Law, Taxation, and Corporate and Finance Law degrees require a minimum of 26 credits, with at least 2 credits for a Master's Thesis in the area of the degree. The U.S. Law degree requires a minimum of 24 credits and does not require a Master's Thesis. Each of the degrees has various required foundational courses.
The students' transcripts and credits would be provided to Maribor Law, which would generally credit that work towards completion of the second year of the Maribor LL.M. degree. Accordingly, successful students who maintain B grade averages and complete all the requirements for the Wayne Law LL.M. degree and are approved by Maribor Law for transfer credits will receive both the Maribor LL.M. degree and the Wayne Law LL.M. degree upon completion of the Wayne Law degree requirements.
Depending on their LL.M. majors and time available for study, Maribor students in this program may also be able to select courses that permit them to sit for a bar exam in Michigan or another U.S. state, if they so desire, in order to be admitted to practice law within that state. It is possible that adding additional courses for this purpose would require some additional time to complete the degree.
The LL.M. program at Wayne Law includes four majors: Corporate and Finance Law, Labor and Employment Law, Taxation, and U.S. Law.
Lawyers who satisfy Wayne Law's LL.M. admissions criteria and are currently enrolled in their first year of study in the LL.M. program at Maribor Law are eligible to take advantage of this dual degree opportunity.
- Have completed the first year of the Maribor Law LL.M by the time of matriculation at Wayne Law;
- Have been approved by Maribor Law to complete the second year of the Maribor Law LL.M. in the dual degree program with Wayne Law;
- Satisfy the English proficiency requirements (a score of 600 or above on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the equivalent on computer or internet-based TOEFL or 7.0 or above on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
- Have a good to excellent academic record satisfactory to the host institution, as demonstrated by an official transcript;
- Submit a completed online application with required documentation.
How to apply
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition calculator (Dual LL.M. program students will receive a 50% tuition discount at Wayne Law)
- Office of International Students and Scholars
- English proficiency requirements
- Why Wayne Law?
- Program for International Legal Studies