MEDIA ADVISORY: Nov. 10 immigration symposium to convene top scholars at Wayne Law
WHAT: The Levin Center at Wayne State University Law School will convene top scholars and leaders from around the country on Friday, Nov. 10 for a national symposium, “Current Issues in Immigration Law: Detention, ‘Sanctuary Cities’ and the ‘Travel Ban.’” The event includes three panels on the various topics and a special lunch discussion on the recent detention of Chaldeans in the Detroit area.
When: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday, Nov. 10
- 9 a.m. – Panel 1, “Immigration Detention in the United States”
- 10:45 a.m. – Panel 2, “Sanctuary Cities: Immigration Law Meets Federalism”
- 12:30 p.m. – Panel 3, “Iraqi Deportations in Detroit: Community Perspectives and Responses”
- 2:15 p.m. – Panel 4, “The President, the Courts and the ‘Travel Ban’”
Where: Wayne State University Law School, Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium, 471 W. Palmer St., Detroit
Available with one or more subject matter expert(s) following each panel
- 10:30 to 10:45 a.m., following “Immigration Detention in the United States”
- 12:15 to 12:30 p.m., following “Sanctuary Cities: Immigration Law Meets Federalism”
- 2 to 2:15 p.m., following “Iraqi Deportations in Detroit: Community Perspectives and Responses”
- 4 to 4:15 p.m., following “The President, the Courts and the Travel Ban” and closing remarks
Journalists planning to attend the media avail are encouraged RSVP by 5 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 9. Contact Kaylee Place, 313-577-4629 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media representatives planning to cover the conference at any point throughout the day also are encouraged to RSVP to receive reserved seating.