J.D. students (fall 2017 admission)
Wayne Law admissions scholarships are awarded to incoming students based on merit and don't require a separate application. The Law School Admissions Office will notify admissions scholarship recipients of awards in writing.
When you apply to Wayne Law, you'll automatically be considered for the following scholarships. Specific criteria must be met for each award and eligibility is determined by Wayne Law's scholarship committee. All scholarships are guaranteed for three years provided the student achieves a GPA of 2.0 or higher as calculated at the end of each winter semester.
Academic excellence scholarships
Eligibility based on a combination of LSAT score and undergraduate GPA:
- Governor's Scholar – Full tuition
- President's Scholar – $20,000 per year
- Provost's Scholar – $15,000 per year
- Dean's Scholar – $10,000 per year
- Warrior Scholar – $5,000 per year
- Damon J. Keith Scholar – For graduates of Detroit Public Schools or those who attended a historically black college or university, a Hispanic-serving institution or a priority Michigan high school – Full tuition
Scholarships for LL.M. students are handled in the admissions process by the LL.M. program director.