Wayne Law inducts inaugural class of 13 into alumni wall of fame
DETROIT "" Wayne State University Law School honored the 13 inaugural members of the Miller Family Wayne Law Alumni Wall of Fame during an induction ceremony Monday, Sept. 12, at the law school.
The wall of fame was unveiled that evening.
- Georgia Clark, former director of the Wayne Law Library.
- Kenneth V. Cockrel Sr., class of 1967, defense attorney, honored posthumously.
- Eugene Driker, class of 1961, founding member of Barris, Sott, Denn and Driker and who has served the law school and the university in numerous roles.
- Judge Nancy G. Edmunds, class of 1976, of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Paula Ettelbrick, class of 1984, LGBT rights attorney, honored posthumously.
- Janet Findlater, Wayne Law associate professor.
- Dan Gilbert, class of 1987, chairman and founder of Quicken Loans and Rock Ventures and majority owner of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Judge Charles Joiner, former dean of Wayne Law and former judge of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Judge Damon J. Keith, LL.M. class of 1956, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Edward J. Littlejohn, Wayne Law professor emeritus.
- Jon R. Muth, class of 1971, attorney, mediator and arbitrator.
- Stephen M. Ross, class of 1965, chairman and founder of Related Companies and owner of the Miami Dolphins.
- Stephen Schulman, Wayne Law professor, honored posthumously.
Speaking at the event were Wayne Law Dean Jocelyn Benson, WSU President M. Roy Wilson; E. Powell Miller, class of 1986, whose gift to the law school made the wall of fame possible; and Judge Edward Ewell, class of 1985, chair of the wall of fame selection committee.
Wayne State University Law School unveiled its Miller Family Wayne Law Alumni Wall of Fame in the law school lobby Monday, Sept. 12. Celebrating the occasion are Judge Edward Ewell, at podium, class of 1985, chair of the wall of fame selection committee; Dean Jocelyn Benson; and E. Powell Miller, class of 1986, whose gift made the wall of fame possible. For more photos, visit law.wayne.edu/wall2016.
Former U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, center, chair of the Levin Center at Wayne Law and the law school's distinguished legislator in residence, congratulates 2016 wall of fame inductees Judge Nancy Edmunds, class of 1976, and Jon Muth, class of 1971.
Dean Jocelyn Benson presents 2016 wall of fame inductee Dan Gilbert, class of 1987, with a special memento recognizing his gift to Wayne Law. Gilbert and fellow inductee Stephen M. Ross, class of 1965, each announced their intentions to donate $5 million to the law school. The gifts, the largest in the law school's history, were announced the morning of the induction ceremony.