Area law students invited to panel Jan. 15 on judicial clerkships, externships
DETROIT – Law students in the metro Detroit area are invited to a panel discussion Thursday, Jan. 15, at Wayne State University Law School to learn about judicial clerkship and externship opportunities for summer 2015.
The informational panel will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in Lecture Hall 2242 of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights at the law school, 471 W. Palmer St. Admission is free, and a casual reception with light refreshments will follow the panel. Parking will be available for $7 (credit or debit cards only) in Parking Structure No. 1 across West Palmer Street from the law school.
The panel will be moderated by Sharika Robinson, law clerk to Judge Damon J. Keith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and former law clerk to Judge Victoria A. Roberts of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Panelists will be:
• Judge Edward Ewell Jr. of the Wayne County Circuit Court
• Judge Qiana Lillard of the Wayne County Circuit Court
• Krystal Player, career clerk to Judge Mark Randon of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and former law clerk to Roberts
• Jonathan Grey, assistant U.S. attorney and former law clerk to Keith and Judge W. Louis Sands
• Carlton Watson, judicial staff attorney for Judge Leslie Kim Smith of the Wayne County Circuit Court
The panel is sponsored by the Keith Center and the Wolverine Bar Association Judicial Externship Program, which works in conjunction with the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and is administered by Roberts.
For more information about this event, contact Savala Nolan Trepczynski at 313-577-6530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.