Summer legal internships in Washington, D.C.
The Levin Center at Wayne Law annually provides stipends for Wayne Law students to spend the summer working as legal interns on Capitol Hill, experiencing first-hand a bipartisan approach to congressional oversight.
The students work under the supervision of an experienced attorney who is engaged in conducting oversight on behalf of a House or Senate committee. The students are able to observe the practice of congressional oversight from the inside which may include:
- How issues are selected
- How witnesses are interviewed
- How to prepare document requests and review documents
- Memo and report writing
- The preparation and conduct of hearings
- Interactions with the press
- Staff briefings
- The development of solutions to identified problems
Duties may include research, writing, document management, hearing preparation and logistical support.