The Levin Center at Wayne Law e-newsletter debuted on the center's first anniversary, March 10, 2016. The newsletter is distributed twice a year during fall and spring. Click here to sign up for the newsletter.
- Spring 2021
- Fall 2020
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2019 & Spring 2019
- Fall 2018 & Spring 2018
- Fall 2017 & Spring 2017
- Summer 2016 & Spring 2016
Senator Levin's memoir - articles and videos
- Watch Senator Levin and Jim Townsend speak to Professor Richard Arenberg, Interim Director of the Taubman Center during this one-hour interview recorded on March 18: "Senator Carl Levin: Getting to the Heart of the Matter"
- Listen to Senator Levin's discussion with WKAR's Scott Pohl: "Carl Levin's Memoir Covers U.S. Senate Career"
- Read Jack Lesenberry's article in The Toledo Blade: "Carl Levin and Public Service".
- Read Jack Lessenberry's article about Senator Levin's memoir in The Detroit Jewish News: "The Levin Legacy: Carl Levin's New Memoir Chronicles His 36-Year Senate Career"
- Jim Townsend joined WXYZ Detroit's "Spotlight on the News" show to discuss Senator Levin's book with Chuck Stokes. Watch the program here.
- Senator Levin joined Stateside Radio to discuss his new memoir and to share memories from his 36 years in the U.S. Senate. You can listen to the program here.
- Rumpled Giant of the Senate - Carl Levin's Life and Times by Creators (online article)
- Carl Levin reflects on his life and long career in the Senate by Detroit Free Press (online article, for DFP subscribers)
- Ex-Sen. Carl Levin Savors His Impact On Detroit And The Nation In New Memoir by Deadline Detroit (online article)
- Former U.S. Senator Carl Levin releases memoir by Legal News (online article)
- April 20: The Center for Urban Studies at Wayne State University has issued a report examining the oversight of government contracts in six states across the country. The study was commissioned by the Levin Center at Wayne Law to showcase and elevate state legislatures' attempts at reforming and strengthening oversight of government-issued contracts in a wide range of areas. Read our press release here for the main recommendations or download the full 109-page report.
- April 1: We are now accepting nominations for our Carl Levin Award for Effective Oversight. See our announcement here or download it. To submit a nomination, please click here.
- March 29: Read Senator Levin's and Richard Arenberg's op-ed in the Wall Street Journal, "Progressives Need the Filibuster".
- March 15: Read our Spring 2021 Newsletter by clicking here.
- March 9: The Levin Center is pleased to announce the launch of its new Oversight Fellowship Program with generous support from the Sunwater Institute. Please find more detail here.
- March 5: Read Levin Center Director Jim Townsend's op-ed in the Detroit Free press, "Citizens, business leaders must demand fact-based political discourse"
- March 2: The Levin Center is pleased to announce the publication of Senator Levin's memoir - Getting to the Heart of the Matter, My 36 Years in the Senate. You can purchase the book through Wayne State University Press and read our announcement here.
- February 24: The Levin Center spearheaded a letter in February from three centers that honor the legacy of former members of Congress urging Congressional apprpriators to increase funding for the legislative branch by 10% this year. You can read the full letter here.
- January 27: The Levin Center has launched its new podcast series "Oversight Matters" with a unique focus on legislative oversight. Read our press release and listen to the first episode.
- January 11: Read Senator Carl Levin's op-ed in the Financial Times, "Time to stop trading conflicts that cost investors billions"