The Levin Center at Wayne Law e-newsletter debuted on the center's first anniversary, March 10, 2016. The newsletter is distributed twice a year during fall and spring. Click here to sign up for the newsletter.
- Fall 2020
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2019 & Spring 2019
- Fall 2018 & Spring 2018
- Fall 2017 & Spring 2017
- Summer 2016 & Spring 2016
- January 11: Read Senator Carl Levin's op-ed in the Financial Times, "Time to stop trading conflicts that cost investors billions"
- Dec 8: Read the Detroit Legal News article on the 2020 Levin Center Award for Excellence in Oversight Research
- Dec 7: The Levin Center is delighted to announce that the winning paper for the 2020 Levin Center Award for Excellence in Oversight Research is Weaponizing the Office of Legal Counsel by Professor Emily Berman. For more details, please read our full announcement.
- Nov 18: The Levin Center issued its report entitled "State Legislative Oversight of Emergency Contracts Related to COVID-19: Three Case Studies" underlining the need for strong state oversight in COVID-19 contracting. Read the press release here.
- Oct 23: Levin Center Director, Jim Townsend, and Levin Center Washington Office Director, Elise Bean, published an essay as part of Just Security's Good Governance Papers entitled "How to Strengthen Oversight by Congress".
- Sept 23: Senator Carl Levin's op-ed in the Washington Post, "Don't fall for filibuster abolition. It's a trap."
- Aug 5: Levin Center Washington Office Director Elise Bean and Lincoln Network Director of Cyber and National Security Dan Lip's op-ed in The Hill, "Inspector General independence must be a bipartisan priority in 2020"
- July 19: Levin Center Director Jim Townsend and Washington Office Director Elise Bean's submission in a Federalist Society Article I series on modernizing Congress, "Improving Congressional Oversight"
- June 30: Levin Center Director Jim Townsend and Wayne State University Department of Political Science Professor Kristin Taylor's op-ed in The Detroit Free Press, "Stopping another Edenville requires more than a panel of experts"
- June 30: Eleven Congressional Centers Urge Senate Intelligence Committee to Make Public Reports of Foreign Interference in 2020 Election - Read the Levin Center press release
- May 28: Levin Center's Director, Jim Townsend's, op-ed in The Detroit News, "Improved legislative oversight needed to prevent future dam failure"
- May 8: Oversight Delayed is Accountability Denied: Levin Center at Wayne Law Urges SCOTUS to Reject Effort to Stay Release to Congress of Mueller Inquiry Grand Jury Materials
- May 1: Five Wayne Law Students Placed as Levin Center Legal Interns this summer to work on Congressional Oversight Committees
- April 30: Levin Center at Wayne Law receives $1 million grant from Hewlett Foundation
- April 16: Levin Center and Lugar Center submit joint Amicus Brief Urging D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals to support Congressional Oversight
- April 16: McGahn Amicus Brief filed by Levin Center and Lugar Center
- April 8: Senator Carl Levin's op-ed in Bridge Magazine, "Will our Constitution's system of checks and balances hold?"
- Levin Center at Wayne Law's Response to Oral Arguments before the D.C. Circuit in the McGahn Case
- Levin Center at Wayne Law Cautions Michigan Legislature to Ensure that COVID-19 Oversight Committee Be Fully Bipartisan and Fact-Based
- March 30: Senator Carl Levin's Statement on the Passing of Former Senator Tom Coburn
- March 4: Levin Center and Lugar Center submit joint Amicus Brief Urging Supreme Court to Support Congressional Subpoenas
- Feb 26: Levin Center Releases Report on Oversight of Michigan Charter Schools and Their Authorizers
- Jan 29: Senators Richard Burr and Mark Warner receive 2019 Carl Levin Award for Effective Oversight
- Jan 28: Levin Center Presents Report on Legislature's Oversight Capacity & Performance to Michigan Senate Oversight Committee
- Jan 23: Pending Cases will have major impact on future congressional oversight
- Jan 20: Levin Center at Wayne Law launches new website on congressional oversight case law
- Jan 14: Levin Center at Wayne Law gives congressional testimony on strengthening bipartisan oversight