Why Wayne Law?
8 reasons to start your future at Wayne Law
1. Jobs: 10 months post-graduation, the class of 2016 was employed at a rate of 90.1 percent.
2. Bar exam preparation: Wayne Law was recognized as one of the best law schools in the nation for bar exam preparation by The National Jurist in its winter 2017 issue. Of the 40 law schools featured, Wayne Law was the only one in Michigan.
3. Financing a legal education: We invest in our students from the beginning, with more than 70 private scholarship and academic prize opportunities. The National Jurist and preLaw magazine recognized Wayne Law as a Best Value Law School for the last four years.
4. Detroit's historic resurgence: Wayne Law is located in the heart of Midtown Detroit, a city that is infused with opportunity and alive with transformative change. Within two square miles lies the largest concentration of cultural, educational and medical institutions in Southeast Michigan.
5. Advocacy: Through co-curricular programs like Moot Court and Mock Trial, students learn critical written, oral and trial courtroom advocacy skills. In 2017, Wayne Law's Moot Court program was named among the top 20 in the nation by the Blakely Advocacy Institute at the University of Houston Law Center.
6. Faculty: You'll learn from faculty who make a difference every day, like Professor Noah Hall, who was appointed Special Assistant Attorney General of Michigan for the Flint water crisis and former U.S. Sen. Carl Levin, who retired from the Senate in 2014 after 36 years of service.
7. Clinics and externships: With seven clinics to choose from and an extensive variety of externship placements, our students receive hands on training through experiential learning opportunities.
8. Mentoring: Small class sizes, supportive staff and mentoring programs that pair you with an upperclassman or member of our alumni network help ensure you never have to go it alone.