Why Wayne Law?
5 reasons to start your future at Wayne Law
- Financing a legal education: We invest in our students from the beginning, last year awarding more than $7 million in scholarships. The National Jurist and preLaw magazine recognized Wayne Law as a Best Value Law School for the past four years.
- Advocacy: Through co-curricular programs like Moot Court and Mock Trial, students learn critical written, oral and trial courtroom advocacy skills. Our Jessup International Law Moot Court team became one of the top 16 teams in the world in 2018.
- Faculty: You'll learn from faculty who make a difference, like Assistant Professor Blanche Cook, a nationally known expert on the prosecution of sex traffickers.
- Clinics and externships: Wayne Law is among the top law schools in the nation for practical training according to preLaw magazine. With six clinics to choose from and extensive externship opportunities, our students receive hands-on training through experiential learning opportunities.
- Detroit's historic resurgence: Wayne Law is located in the heart of Midtown Detroit, a city infused with opportunity and alive with transformative change. Within two square miles lies the largest concentration of cultural, educational and medical institutions in southeast Michigan.