If you plan to conduct a job search in a state other than Michigan, the Career Services Office suggests that you consider requesting permission to use the career services office at a university in that state. Many law schools provide reasonable access to their career resources for students and graduates from other law schools that agree to provide similar services.

Wayne Law students and alumni

To request reciprocity with another law school, read the reciprocity policy and complete the included form. Email the completed form to  

To review specific policies, go to the NALP Directory of Reciprocity Policies. If reciprocity is granted, students/graduates should be sure to read and honor the reciprocity policy of the host school. Many law schools have black-out dates (usually in the fall) during which time reciprocity requests won't be granted.

Students and alumni of other law schools applying for reciprocity at Wayne Law

Requests for services can be made in writing or via email by the career services office of the student/graduate's law school. No walk-in requests will be honored. See the Wayne Law Reciprocity Policy for further information. All requests for reciprocity should include the following:

  • Name
  • Email address and phone number
  • Name of law school
  • Year of graduation
  • Date that you would like reciprocity to begin

Requests for reciprocal access to the Wayne State University Law School Career Services Office can be emailed to

Training the next generation of lawyers, advocates and leaders