Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law Review elects editorial board for 2017-18
- April 24, 2017
- Wayne Law students win Michigan Muslim Bar Association scholarships
- April 21, 2017
- Wayne Law's The Journal of Law in Society elects new board
- April 17, 2017
- Wayne Law to honor 6 at Treasure of Detroit event April 27
- April 13, 2017
Professors in the News
Associate Vice President for Academic Personnel Stephen Calkins was quoted by FTC Watch for its report, "Trump antitrust era expected to usher in big, small changes."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by The Detroit News for its report, "Oak Park man, 19, charged in shooting of 2 cops."Read Article
Chair, Levin Center at Wayne Law; Distinguished Legislator in Residence Carl Levin wrote, "For the sake of American taxpayers, companies must pay their fair share," for The Hill.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by Yahoo! Finance for its report, "Why Mark Cuban is throwing his weight behind an arcane Supreme Court case."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Law School cap and gown pick up
- April 27 2017 at 12:00 PMLaw School LobbyWayne Law students who ordered Commencement caps and gowns in March can pick up their orders. Pick up your cap and gown at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore table. Complete our New Grad form and receive a Wayne Law travel mug at the Alumni Relations table.
- 2017 Wayne Law Treasure of Detroit
- April 27 2017 at 5:30 PMGem TheatreWayne Law alumni, faculty and staff are invited to attend the 2017 Wayne State University Law School Treasure of Detroit event scheduled to take place on Thursday, April 27, from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. in the Gem Theatre. The evening will include a strolling buffet, cash bar and awards program. Attendance is complimentary, but registration is required. Business attire is requested. Parking is at the discretion and expense of the driver. Please contact Desirnai' Hicks, Leadership Annual Giving Officer at email@example.com or (313) 577-9763 with any questions.
- Let’s Talk Program – Confidential drop-in time with a counselor
- May 3 2017 at 4:00 PMWayne State University Law School, Room 1250 (Interview Room B)Let’s Talk is an opportunity for law students to have a free, confidential drop-in consultation with a professional counselor from WSU Counseling and Psychological Services. Evening appointments also can be scheduled by calling 313-577-3398.
- Let's Talk Program - Confidential drop-in time with a counselor
- May 10 2017 at 4:00 PMLaw School BuildingLet's Talk is an opportunity for law students to have a free, confidential drop-in consultation with a professional counselor from WSU Counseling and Psychological Services. Evening appointments can also be scheduled by calling 313-577-3398.
- Mock Trial Try Outs
- May 11 2017 at 8:30 AMMoot CourtroomMock Trials will hold tryouts for the upcoming Fall Mock Trial teams. A sign-up sheet will be available on the Mock Trial TWEN page, students will register for a specific tryout time slot.
- Michigan Employment Lawyers Association
- May 11 2017 at 5:30 PMLaw School Building Partrich Auditorium & AtriumJudges speaking to lawyers, pre-law, and law students with practical advice.
- More Events
Lauren Saad '14, has joined Resnick Law in Bloomfield Hills as an associate. She earned her bachelor's degree in...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Professor of Law Stephen Calkins spoke at the 17th annual Loyola Antitrust Colloquium in Chicago.Read more
Laura Biery competed in the Billings, Exum & Frye Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition and finished...Read more