Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law students tour public interest organizations
- May 18, 2017
- Wayne Law Commencement honors 120
- May 18, 2017
- Ten Wayne Law alumni recognized as 2017 Leaders in the Law
- May 18, 2017
- Wayne Law students selected for Public Interest Law Fellowships
- May 17, 2017
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote, "Fifth Amendment Makes it Hard to Build a Case Against Flynn," for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by The Detroit News for its report, "Feds ‘concerned' about Napoleon memo on immigrants."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was cited by The Detroit News for its report, "DeVos pushes for school reform at conference."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote, "Lawyers Are the Big Winners in the Inquiry Into the Election," for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- BARBRI Bar Review Course
- May 24 2017 at 8:00 AMLaw School Building Room 2103Bar review course for law students preparing for the July 2017 Michigan bar exam.
- 17th Annual Lent Upson Lecture - "The Affordable Care Act: Intent. Reality. Implications.
- May 24 2017 at 5:00 PMSpencer M. Partrich Auditorium17th Annual Lent Upson Lecture The Affordable Care Act: Intent. Reality. Implications. 24 May 2017, 5:00 – 6:30 PM Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium, Wayne State University Law School The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has stirred much policy change, passion, and uncertainty since being enacted in 2010. To bring focus to this issue, Joan Budden, CEO of Priority Health, will be the keynote speaker at the 17th Annual Lent Upson Lecture. Commentary will be provided by a distinguished panel of guests. Ms. Budden is a Wayne State MPA alum and we are very excited to hear her perspective. A reception will immediately follow in the McGregor Memorial Conference Center, a short walk from the Law School, across the Gilmour Mall. Hosted by the Wayne State Graduate Program in Public Administration, Department of Political Science and the Levin Center at Wayne Law Co-sponsored by the Citizens Research Council (CRC) of Michigan, a nonprofit government research association and the American Society for Public Administration - Detroit Metropolitan Chapter. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
- CitizenDetroit Dinner & Dialogue: Local Elections Matter
- May 25 2017 at 5:30 PMThe Cathedral Church of St. PaulDo you know that voter turnout plummets after Presidential elections? This fall, Detroiters will vote for Mayor, City Council, City Clerk, and Police Commissioners. Join CitizenDetroit for a Dinner and Dialogue to discuss the state of voter turnout in Detroit, develop questions for candidates for our upcoming candidate forums, and learn how to get involved in our 2017 voter engagement strategy. EVENT HOSTS: CitizenDetroit Founders and Co-Directors:Dr. Irvin D. Reid, WSU President Emeritus and Sheila Cockrel, former City of Detroit Council Member Admission is free, but reservations are required. To attend, RSVP online or call (313) 577-5550. Space is limited. Reservations will close when capacity is reached. LIMITED PARKING is available on-site.
- Congressional Oversight Boot Camp in Washington, D.C.
- May 31 2017 at 9:00 AMCapitol Hill in Washington, D.C. (Specific location details will be provided when you RSVP.)Project on Government Oversight, Levin Center at Wayne Law and The Lugar Center present Congressional Oversight Boot Camp Bipartisan, two-day, intensive training on Capitol Hill for congressional staff on the art and practice of oversight and investigations Attendance is free and open only to congressional staff. Space is limited.
- Wayne Law Supplemental Bar Preparation Program
- June 3 2017 at 9:00 AMSpencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThis 5 part series acts as extra preparation for Wayne Law alumni preparing for the bar exam. This is a course designed exclusively for Wayne Law with JD Advising, which supplements students' bar prep programs by giving them extra practice opporutnities and intensive review sessions.
- Annual DPS Middle School Mock Trial Tournament
- June 5 2017 at 9:00 AMLaw School Building Partrich AuditoriumAnnual DPS middle school mock trial tournament in partnership with Neighborhood Legal Services.
- More Events
Ryan Berman '04, was named a finalist for the Regeana Myrick Outstanding Young Lawyer award from the State Bar of...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Distinguished Professor of Law Alan Schenk will receive the John W. Reed Lawyer Legacy Award from the State Bar of...Read more
Husnah Khan was selected to participate in the United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps Summer Intern...Read more