Legal Director, American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan
J.D., Wayne State University Law School
B.A., Wesleyan University
Public Interest Internship
- Michael Steinberg was quoted on MSNBC's "Melissa Harris-Perry" Sunday talk show in a report titled "ACLU alleges Detroit PD ‘kidnapping' homeless and ‘dumping' them outside the city." Steinberg is legal director for the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan, a 1989 Wayne Law graduate and an adjunct professor at the Law School.
- Michael Steinberg was quoted in a number of recent news articles including "ACLU taking on State of Michigan for poor people" in the Detroit Free Press, "Livonia, cops sued over Breathalyzer tests for teens" in the Detroit Free Press and in "Mom of 13-year-old appalled that police administered breathalyzer to him without a call or warrant" on WXYZ.
- Michael Steinberg was recently quoted in a number of publications, including:
Free Speech for petitions:
AP Article on Juvenile Life without Parole Sentences:
- Michael Steinberg was quoted in the Detroit Free Press in an article titled "Pastor Terry Jones' rally becomes battle over free speech."
- Michael Steinberg commented on AnnArbor.com in an article titled "Skyline High School officials discuss adding security cameras, but critics say equipment is unnecessary."
- Michael Steinberg was featured on the Craig Fahle Show in a segment regarding a minor who was served Mike's Hard Lemonade at a Tigers game.
- Michael Steinberg commented in a Detroit Free Press article titled "ACLU files lawsuit over child's removal."
- Michael Steinberg was quoted in the Lansing State Journal in an article titled "ACLU says ban on Capitol signs unfairly enforced." He was also quoted in a March 12 Detroit News article titled "U-M floats new trespass rules: Proposal would limit campus bans; ACLU says policy too broad." Click here for that article.