Wayne Law dean candidates announced
DETROIT – The search committee for Wayne State University Law School’s next dean has narrowed the field of candidates to five individuals.
The five finalists are:
- Richard A. Bierschbach, professor of law, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University
- Markus D. Dubber, professor of law and director of the Centre for Ethics, University of Toronto Faculty of Law
- Lance Gable, associate professor of law and interim dean, Wayne State University Law School
- Ileana Porras, associate dean of academic affairs and acting co-director of the Robert Traurig-Greenberg Traurig LL.M. in Real Property Development, University of Miami School of Law
- Asmara M. Tekle, professor of law, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Texas Southern University
The search committee includes law school and university faculty and staff, as well as a current Wayne Law student and alumna.