News and Announcements Archive
The Wayne Law Review welcomes Annual Survey of Michigan Law authors, March 4
DETROIT (Feb. 24, 2011) — The Wayne Law Review will host “Meet the Survey Authors” from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2011, in Wayne State University Law School’s Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium. The event provides Wayne Law students, faculty, alumni and friends the opportunity to interact with authors who contributed to the Law Review’s Annual Survey of Michigan Law issue.
The Law Review publishes four issues each year. Three issues include articles of general academic and professional interest authored by practicing attorneys and law professors, as well as comments written by the Law Review’s student members. The fourth issue, the Annual Survey of Michigan Law, features developments in Michigan law authored by judges, professors and attorneys. It is widely read by members of the Michigan legal community.
According to Law Review Survey Editor Melina Lito, this year’s survey issue covers 21 different areas of law and provides analyses of how individual cases are likely to impact Michigan law in the future.
Former interim U.S. Attorney Alan Gershel, author of the survey’s lead article on criminal procedure, will be on hand at the event to discuss developments in Michigan criminal procedure during the past year and take questions.
“We are very excited about our Survey issue and this event,” Lito said. “Some of these authors have contributed several times, while for others it is their first time. From administrative law to criminal procedure and environmental law to worker’s disability, each author offers a unique perspective, helping readers understand the current climate and direction of the law in Michigan.”
Authors invited to attend the event are:
- Professor Emeritus John Apol, Michigan State University College of Law
- Deborah Brouwer, Nemeth Burwell PC
- Martin Critchell, Conklin Benham PC
- Jack Dempsey, Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Lynn Gandhi, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Hon. David Groner, Third Circuit Court of Michigan
- Carl Herstein, Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP
- Nick Krieger, law clerk to Kathleen Jansen, Michigan Second District Court of Appeals
- John Lindstrom, Gongwer News
- Melissa Markey, Hall Render Killian Heath and Lyman PC
- James Mellon, Mellon McCarthy and Pries PC
- Associate Professor Michael Molitor, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Patricia Paruch, Kemp Klein Law Firm
- Sarah Prout, Lakeshore Legal Aid
- Tricia Roelofs, Dykema Gossett PLLC
- John Runyan, Sachs Waldman PC
- Todd C. Schebor, Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Bryan Schneider, law clerk to Magistrate Judge Paul Komives, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Associate Professor Kevin Scott, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Davidde Stella, Kerr Russell and Weber PLC
- Katie Strickfaden Lakeshore Legal Aid
- Stacey Studnicki, deputy defender, Federal Defender Office, Legal Aid and Defender Association, Detroit, MI
- Robert Tiplady, Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Hon. Michael Warren, Oakland County Circuit Court
- Ronald Weiner, Zamler Mellen and Shiffman PC
The event, which is supported by the Wayne Law Career Services Office, will feature introductory remarks by Wayne Law Associate Dean John A. Rothchild and Law Review Editor in Chief Louis Meizlish. A reception will follow.
This event is free and open to the public. RSVP or send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ### -
Wayne State University is a premier urban research university offering more than 400 academic programs through 13 schools and colleges to nearly 32,000 students.
For more information about Wayne State University Law School, visit law.wayne.edu.