News and Announcements
Six Wayne Law alumni named among area's top circuit court judges
DETROIT – Six Wayne State University Law School alumni have been named among the top circuit court judges in the metropolitan area by DBusiness magazine in its January/February edition.
The publication polled 18,200 attorneys in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw and Livingston counties, asking for nominations for top circuit court judges based on criteria such as integrity, knowledge of the law, efficiency and judicial temperament.
Of the top 21 judges named, nearly 30 percent are Wayne Law graduates.
- Hon. Timothy P. Connors, Washtenaw County, class of 1980
- Hon. Nanci J. Grant, Oakland County, class of 1989
- Hon. Connie Marie Kelley, Wayne County, class of 1981
- Hon. Peter J. Maceroni, Macomb County, class of 1965
- Hon. Wendy Lynn Potts, Oakland County, class of 1977
- Hon. Joan E. Young, Oakland County, class of 1974
In its November/December edition, DBusiness named Wayne Law as first in the state when it comes to graduating highly regarded attorneys, based on the attorney poll.
Attached photos: Wendy Lynn Potts, top left, Joan E. Young, Nanci J. Grant, Timothy P. Connors, Peter J. Maceroni, Connie Marie Kelley