Last year, we planned and participated in a number of successful programs and events.
- Social: bar nights for ourselves and with other law school and campus organizations, including the Wayne State Jewish Medical Association
- Philanthropic: bake sales benefiting Forgotten Harvest, Partners In Health, Yad Ezra; preparing dinner at Ronald McDonald House in Detroit; Jewish Family Service's Fall Fix-Up
- Academic: annual outlining and finals prep seminar; mentorship program
- Professional: American Association of Jewish Jurists and Lawyers networking event at Miller Canfield; exclusive meetings with hirings partners at big firms to discuss the legal job environment, resumÃ© tips, and interviewing skills.
- School-wide diversity programs: co-developing a very successful town hall forum on diversity and social identity, both at school and in the legal workplace; participant in multicultural events; and spearheading a new initiative for law students and faculty to learn about Jewish and Arab identity
- Speakers: lunch and learn on abortion with a local rabbi on the Jewish law regarding abortion.