Who we are
Wayne State University Law School Black Law Student Association is an organization formed to articulate and promote the needs and goals of black law students and effectuate change in the legal community.
What we do
The Black Law Student Association is designed to:
- Foster and encourage the academic excellence and professional competence of all law students.
- Instill in the law student a greater commitment to the needs of the community at large.
- Enable the student to initiate positive change within the legal system.
- Facilitate diverse involvement and collaboration within the Wayne State community.
- Provide the resources necessary for the accomplishment of these goals.
The association is founded on four pillars: Build, Lead, Serve and Advocate for our community and for our people.
2014-15 President – Cecil Roberson