Recruit Wayne Law
Whether you are a law firm, government agency, public-interest organization, corporation or court, Wayne Law’s Career Services Office is committed to working with you to meet your recruiting needs.
Employers may also post an available position free of charge on Symplicity, our online job bank. You may recruit J.D. and LL.M. students, as well as recent graduates and seasoned alumni. Students and/or alumni will respond to your job posting by sending the requested application materials directly to the contact information you provide and in the manner you choose (email, mail or fax).
Wayne Law invites employers to participate in our on-campus interview programs:
- Fall and Spring On-Campus Interview Programs – Beginning every August and February, employers have the opportunity to interview J.D. and LL.M. students for summer associate and entry-level attorney positions. Complete the registration form above. We will publicize the opportunity, collect application materials and provide the materials to you in a single bundle. You review the application materials and select which candidates you want to interview. We will create your interview schedule and provide on-campus accommodations on interview day.
Unable to spend a day on campus? No problem. We will collect résumés on your behalf, bundle them based on your hiring preferences and forward the résumés to you in one group. You may conduct interviews at your office. We are happy to create your interview schedule to make the process as effortless as possible.
You may also conduct remote interviews via videoconferencing, Career Services is happy to accommodate you.
Contact Director of Employer Development Kathy Fox at (313) 577-8038 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Increase your visibility at Wayne Law
- Sponsor our annual "An Evening at the Ballpark with Wayne Law" to kick off the fall on-campus recruitment season. Sponsors for this event include:
- Butzel Long
- Brooks Kushman
- Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss
- Warner Norcross & Judd
- Young Basile
- Encourage your Wayne Law alumni to serve as mentors or to conduct mock interviews or informational interviews for current students.
- Alumni also may provide job shadowing opportunities for students
- Recruit early and often. Hire first-year students who can spread the word about their positive experiences with your organization before the rush of second-year recruiting.
- Consider hiring Wayne Law students for year-round law clerk positions so your firm name is known to the student body year-round.
Wayne State University Policy Against Discrimination
Wayne State University Law School is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all its students and alumni and is committed to a policy against discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. The facilities and services of the Career Services Office may be denied to employers whose behavior contravenes the university’s nondiscrimination policy.
The Career Services Office requires all employers who use its placement services to affirm the following statement to confirm compliance with the nondiscrimination policy detailed above:
Employer gives assurance that it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.