Krystal Gardner, J.D.
Assistant Dean for Career Services
Diane Fears, J.D.
Director of Career Services
Kathy Fox, J.D.
Director of Employer Development
Recruit Wayne Law!
Whether you are a law firm, government agency, public interest organization, corporation or court, Wayne Law’s Career Services Office is committed to working with you to meet your recruiting needs.
Click Here to Post a Job
Employers may post an available position free of charge on Symplicity, our online job bank. You may recruit J.D. and LL.M. students, as well as recent graduates and seasoned alumni. Students and/or alumni will respond to your job posting by sending the requested application materials directly to the contact information you provide and in the manner you choose (email, U.S. mail or fax).
Click Here to Register for On-Campus Recruiting
Wayne Law invites employers to participate in our on-campus interview programs:
- Fall On-Campus Interview Program – Each fall, employers have the opportunity to interview second- and third-year J.D. students and LL.M. students for summer associate and entry-level attorney positions. Simply complete our registration form. We will publicize the opportunity, collect application materials, and provide the materials to you in a single bundle. Once you have reviewed the application materials, tell us which candidates you want to interview. We will create your interview schedule and provide on-campus accommodations for your interview day.
- Spring On-Campus Interview Program – Spring OCI kicks off in February, and provides legal employers the opportunity to interview Wayne Law J.D. and LL.M. students for summer and post-graduation positions.
- We invite employers to come to campus throughout the year to interview our students and alumni.
Unable to spend a day on campus? No problem. We will collect résumés on your behalf, bundle them based on your hiring preferences, and forward the résumés to you in one group. You may conduct interviews at your office or at the Law School, whichever you prefer. We are happy to create your interview schedule to make the process as effortless as possible.
If you would like to conduct remote interviews via videoconferencing, the Career Services Office is happy to accommodate your request.
Whenever you have a hiring need, contact Director of Employer Development Kathy Fox at (313) 577-8038 or email@example.com.
INCREASE YOUR VISIBILITY AT WAYNE LAW
- Become a sponsor of our annual "An Evening at the Ballpark with Wayne Law" to kick off the fall on-campus recruitment season. Sponsors for this event in the past have included: Barris, Sott, Denn & Driker; Butzel Long; Dykema; Honigman; Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss; Potestivo & Associates; Seyburn Kahn; and Varnum.
- Encourage your Wayne Law alumni to serve as mentors or to volunteer to conduct mock interviews or informational interviews for current students. Alumni may also provide job shadowing opportunities for students.
- Recommend speakers for our educational programs and panels related to your practice.
- Host a “Find Your Focus” student field trip. A small group of students will visit your office for a tour. You will discuss the work of your office, offer career advice and answer student questions.
- Recruit early and often! Hire first-year students who can spread the word about their positive experiences with your organization before the rush of second-year recruiting and consider hiring Wayne Law students for year-round law clerk positions so your firm name is at the top of the minds of the entire student body.
Wayne State University Policy Against Discrimination
Wayne State University Law School is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all its students and alumni, and is committed to a policy against discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability. The facilities and services of the Career Services Office may be denied to employers whose behavior contravenes the university’s nondiscrimination policy.
The CSO requires all employers who use its placement services to affirm the following statement to confirm compliance with the nondiscrimination policy detailed above:
“Employer gives assurance that it is an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.”