Alumni News, Events and Information
Wayne Law Legacy request
Commencement is coming – do you have a relative who will be part of the Wayne Law class graduating May 13? We would like to recognize you and your family during the ceremony. If your student is joining your family’s Wayne Law Legacy, please email email@example.com with the name(s) and email address(es) of your relative(s) by April 20, 2013. Help us celebrate multiple generations of legal excellence!
Wayne Law Alumni Events for 2013:
(Schedule subject to change)
- April 12, 2013: Wayne Law Class of 1962 Emeritus Dinner and Tour of the Damon J. Keith Center
April 20, 2013: Wayne Law and the Law Alumni Association to invite alumni to gather for "Bat Boy, the Musical."
- May 11, 2013: Michigan Association for Justice Annual Dinner - Wayne Law pre-event Reception. Details to follow.
- May 13, 2013 Wayne Law Graduation. Details to follow.
- May 22, 2013: Treasure of Detroit Gala Reunion Weekend Luncheon. Details to follow.
- September 18-20, 2013: State Bar of Michigan Annual Meeting and Alumni Reception in Lansing. Details to follow.
- September 27-28, 2013: Treasure of Detroit Gala and Reunion Weekend.
New Contact Information?
Make partner? Elected to a prestigious board? Send your professional accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will continue to post them online at http://law.wayne.edu/alumni/accomplishments.php.
When it comes to your estate and planned gifts, did you know that ...
• You can make a gift to Wayne State University using appreciated securities and realize larger tax savings than if you had used cash?
• You can make a gift that costs you nothing during your lifetime?
• You can make a gift that pays you income for life?
• You can preserve your estate for your children and deliver years of income to scholarships at Wayne State?
• You can donate your house, take a tax deduction, and continue to live in it rent-free?
• You can turn surplus life insurance coverage into a gift?
•The Charitable IRA Rollover is available again for 2013? If you are 70 1/2 or older, you may benefit by making a direct gift to Wayne State University of up to $100,000.
•Naming Wayne State as a beneficiary of your IRA can be an efficient way to make a gift, and reduce taxes for your beneficiaries?
•Gifts through your will can be directed to the scholarship or program of your choice? If you have named the university in your will, please let us know so we can fully document your intentions.
Please call our Planned Giving professionals for more information at (313)577-6481.