Patent Procurement Clinic
As part of the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Clinic Certification Pilot Program, Wayne Law’s Patent Procurement Clinic (PPC) continues the Law School’s traditional leadership in intellectual property law. The PPC is one of less than two dozen participating clinics in the country – and the only such clinic in the state of Michigan. The PPC offers important patent services including:
· Patentability Searches
· Patent Application Drafting
· Responses to Patent Office Rejections
The PPC’s legal services are provided free of charge, however, clients are responsible for any and all filing fees.
Criteria for selection:
· Matching the invention with the backgrounds of Clinic law students and supervising professors
· Potential of the technology
· Ability of the startup to create jobs in southeast Michigan
· Financial need of the startup
All patent services are provided by upper-level law school students with degrees in engineering or science (e.g. mechanical engineering or chemistry) supervised by Mr. Thomas Helmholdt, a registered patent attorney since 1988 who has personally drafted and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications.
To contact the Clinic, please email email@example.com
Click here for an online application. (please use returns and type on each line, as the text doesn't wrap automatically.)