Wayne Law News Center
- Transgender Rights Panel to take place at Wayne Law Jan. 18
- January 13, 2017
- Former members of Congress urge bipartisan oversight, cite constitutional duty
- January 12, 2017
- Inequality expert to speak Jan. 18 at Wayne Law
- January 12, 2017
- Levin Center to present multinational corporate tax conference in D.C.
- January 10, 2017
Professors in the News
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was quoted by Bloomberg for its report, "Life without money in Detroit's survival economy."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by The Voice for its report, "New Haven official, ex-official charged in federal corruption probe."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was a guest on Bloomberg Radio's "Bloomberg Law" to discuss, "Currency Manipulators Charged."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by Consumer Reports for its report, "Volkswagen to Pay $4.3 Billion in Criminal and Civil Penalties."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Meet and Greet: Come meet other leaders from across campus and the community who work to build inclusive communities
- January 17 2017 at 11:00 AMStudent CenterPress Release: http://wayne.edu/newsroom/release/2017/01/09/wayne-state-university-arab-american-national-museum-to-partner-for-kellogg-foundations-national-day-of-racial-healing-jan-17-6014 “Meet and Greet: Come meet other leaders from across campus who work to build inclusive communities.” Held at WSU’s Student Center, Hilberry AB, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Judicial Internship Panel Discussion
- January 17 2017 at 12:15 PMDamon J. Keith Center Room #2242This program provides an informational overview for students considering applying for Judicial Internships.
- Student Board of Governor's Meeting
- January 17 2017 at 8:30 PMDamon J. Keith Center Room 2242Student Board of Governor's Bi-Monthly General Meeting
- Healthy Treats & Bake Sale (Women's Law Caucus)
- January 18 2017 at 11:00 AMLaw School AtriumPlease support the Women's Law Caucus by donating or purchasing items from our Healthy Treats & Bake Sale. An array of baked goods as well as healthy options will be available for cash donations.
- Transgender Rights Panel
- January 18 2017 at 12:15 PMWayne State University Law SchoolThe purpose of this panel is to shed light on the struggles transgender individuals face on a daily basis. The panel will focus on individual stories, discuss progress our country has made with LGBT rights and current setbacks and roadblocks. Panelists: Jay Kaplan, '85, LGBT Legal Project staff attorney, American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan Lilianna Angel Reyes, program services director, Affirmations Lunch provided.
- Author Chuck Collins to speak at Wayne Law
- January 18 2017 at 12:15 PMWayne State University Law SchoolChuck Collins, author of Born on Third Base, will speak at Wayne State University Law School. Collins will discuss his book, racial equity and wealth disparities. With the heart of an agitator and the soul of a storyteller, inequality expert Chuck Collins upends our assumptions about America's deep wealth divide - one that, for the first time in recent history, locks the nation's youth into a future defined by their class and wealth at birth; limits our ability to address crises like climate change; and creates a world that no one, not even the rich, will ultimately want to live in. In Born on Third Base, Collins calls for an end to class war, busts the myths that define our views of rich and poor, and offers bold new solutions for bridging the economic divide and re-engaging the wealthy in rebuilding communities for a resilient future. https://www.marketplace.org/2016/12/07/world/ending-inequality-america-task-all Lunch provided.
- More Events
Rasul Raheem '84, LL. M. '03, joined Plunkett Cooney in Bloomfield Hills as a senior attorney in the Banking,...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Washington Co-Director, Levin Center at Wayne Law Elise Bean was included in the Global Tax 50, a list compiled by International Tax Review...Read more
Holland Locklear was featured in the Detroit Legal News for its report, "Profile in Brief: Holland Locklear." Read...Read more