Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law professor's book explores legal assistance for noncitizen crime victims
- August 8, 2014
- Mark Weiss Day raises $6,000 for scholarships at Wayne Law
- August 4, 2014
- Wayne Law student awarded federal court's scholarship
- August 1, 2014
- Wayne Law celebrates donation of Congressman John Conyers' papers
- July 21, 2014
Professors in the News
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted in a Detroit Free Press article titled "Reimagining Detroit: 5 policy questions that should be resolved in short order."Read Article
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic; Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck was interviewed for a report on WDET radio titled "Flooding May Be More Common in The Future."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in an article in The Hill titled "SEC failed to guard sensitive information."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Newsday article from Bloomberg News titled "Lawyers in General Motors recall case jockey for lead position."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Wayne State University Farmers Market
- August 20 2014 at 11:00 AM5201 Cass AveThe Wayne State University Farmers Market unveils its seventh season June 4. Open Wednesdays from 11 to 4 pm at its usual location in front of Prentis Hall, the market will run through October 29. Detroit-grown produce will be on offer by D-Town Farm, Grown in Detroit Cooperative, Brother Nature Produce, and Labrosse Farm. Produce anchors Van Houtte and Holtz will also return with their usual selections of fruits, berries, vegetables, flowers, herbs, potted plants, and eggs. They will be joined by Burda’s Berries, who offers a variety of fresh berries throughout the season. Delicious hot and/or cold prepared foods and desserts will be sold by Russell Street Deli, Avalon Bakery, Brooklyn Street Local, and Sweet Potato Sensations, all returning vendors. Nikki’s Ginger Teas will offer a splash of freshness to warm afternoons, while Greentoe Gardens will sweeten them with several local honey flavors. Mystic Kettle—joining us for a first full season—will pop delicious popcorn right in front of you. The market accepts cash, Bridge Card benefits, Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB), and WIC and Senior Project FRESH coupons. Sponsored by the Fair Food Network, DUFB matches Bridge Card spending at the market up to $20 per card per day. The market also offers the Student Advantage Project, in which students pay $5 to get $10 in vouchers to spend on produce at the market.
- LL.M. Orientation: Day 2
- August 20 2014 at 1:00 PMLaw School Building, 2242LL.M. Orientation: Day 2
- Women's Law Caucus First Meeting
- September 3 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1550The first meeting of the year where we will kick off our events and community service programs.
- Student Board of Governors Regular Meeting
- September 3 2014 at 8:15 PMLaw School Building, 2242Student Board of Governors regular meeting
- The Independence of Scotland
- September 4 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumScotland will hold an independence referendum on September 14, 2014. There are many hotly disputed legal issues involved in a potential separation-- who gets UK property? who is responsible for debts? who gets access to North Sea oil? Thomas Grant from the University of Cambridge will discuss these issues and more.
- Student Org Planning Workshop
- September 9 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, 2242Annual planning workshop for student organization leaders. Please RSVP by emailing Felicia Thomas at email@example.com.
- More Events
Patricia Nemeth '84, LL.M., '90, founder of Nemeth Law PC, a Detroit-based labor and employment law firm, has been...Read more
Adjunct Professor, Patent Procurement Clinic Thomas Helmholdt spoke about the Wayne Law Patent Procurement Law Clinic at the Aug. 19...Read more
Samuel Kokoszka , who will start his second year at Wayne State University Law School this fall, has been awarded...Read more