Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law again wins Jessup international law Midwest regional
- February 15, 2017
- Wayne Law Review Symposium on drug policy set for March 24
- February 10, 2017
- Wayne Law hosts Professionalism in Action for first-year students
- February 9, 2017
- Levin Center at Wayne Law hosts tax conference in DC
- February 8, 2017
Professors in the News
Assistant Professor of Law Blanche Cook wrote a column titled, "An algorithm for capturing racism, sexism and classism," for Detroit Legal News.Read Article
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted by Detroit Metro Times for its report, "Detroit sports city? The unknown cost of putting a fourth pro sports facility downtown."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote, "Throwing away a legal career for $310,000," for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted by the Detroit Free Press for its report, "Analysts call Dan Gilbert's jail offer to Wayne County a 'win-win'."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Wayne Law Personal Statement Workshop, Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium
- February 21 2017 at 4:00 PMWayne State University Law School, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThe Wayne Law admissions team will help you answer the following questions about your personal statement: What is the personal statement? Where do I start? What do I write about? We are always happy to schedule in-person appointments for students interested in attending Wayne State University Law School. To schedule an in person appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Black Law Students Association African American Judges Panel
- February 22 2017 at 12:00 PMLaw School Building Partrich AuditoriumThe African American Judges Panel is an event designed to allow students to learn about the judges, the work that they do, and provide them with insight into how to lay the groundwork for their own careers. Lunch provided Sponsored by Wayne Law Dean's Office and Bodman PLC.
- SELS Presents Pivotal Sports Management: Derrick Ross and Wayne Law Alum Cameron Evans
- February 22 2017 at 12:10 PMLaw School Building Room 2249The Sport and Entertainment Law Society is proud to bring back Wayne Law Alum Cameron Evans as well as introduce Chief Adviser of Pivotal Sports Management Derrick Ross. Pivotal Sports is an agency directed towards baseball started by Mr. Ross with Mr. Evans, who is their legal counsel. Mr. Evans' focus and expertise is labor and employment law. Mr. Evans and Mr. Ross bring years of experience and success in the field of sports management and agency. Both will be sharing their stories as to how they got to where they are today and give students advice on how to do the same.
- Let's Talk Program - Confidential drop-in time with a counselor
- February 22 2017 at 4:00 PMLaw School BuildingLet's Talk is an opportunity for law students to have a free, confidential drop-in consultation with a professional counselor from WSU Counseling and Psychological Services. Evening appointments can also be scheduled by calling 313-577-3398.
- IP and Licensing Symposium
- February 22 2017 at 5:00 PMLaw School Partrich AuditoriumPanel discussion on intellectual property and licensing. Members and non-members of LES, Michigan Chapter will be in attendance. Registration can be made through the LES Michigan Chapter website.
- Wayne Law Ann Arbor Admitted Student Dinner
- February 22 2017 at 6:00 PMPizza House- Ann ArborPlease join Interim Dean Gable, Wayne Law faculty, admissions staff, alumni, and current students for dinner at Pizza House in Ann Arbor. This will be a great opportunity to meet your future classmates and professors, and have your law school questions answered by the Dean, alumni, admissions staff and current students. Please click on the link below to RSVP. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests at this dinner.
- More Events
James F. Graves '72, was named a 2017 "Leader in the Law" by Michigan Lawyers Weekly. He is a partner at the Sinas...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Associate Professor of Law Noah Hall was part of a small group of law professors who filed an amicus brief in State...Read more
Charles Roarty was featured in the Detroit Legal News for its report, "Slam dunk: Wayne Law student spearheads...Read more