Wayne Law News Center
- Conference April 7, 8 at Wayne Law to consider solutions for financially distressed cities
- March 7, 2014
- Wayne Law transactional law teams place 1st and 2nd at regionals
- March 6, 2014
- Wayne Law alumnus credits clinic experience for his new job in business law
- March 6, 2014
- Wayne Law team makes it to final round in ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition regional
- March 5, 2014
Professors in the News
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted in a Detroit News article titled "Different strategies for Gilbert, Ilitches as they reshape Detroit."Read Article
Legal Writing Instructor Amy Neville was quoted in a Legal News article titled "Wayne Law team makes it to regional finals in ABA compeition."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was quoted in a Reuters news story published in the Chicago Tribune titled "Caribbean nations consider push for slavery reparations."Read Article
Assistant Professor of Law Kirsten Carlson is the subject of a Legal News article titled "Wayne Law professor awarded $250,000 National Science Foundation grant."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Discover Law Day
- March 7 2014 at 9:00 AMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium & various seminar roomsLSAC Annual Discover Law Day with high school students.
- Cass Tech High School Mock Trial
- March 7 2014 at 9:00 AMLaw School, moot courtroomBLSA will host Cass Tech High School Mock Trial at Wayne Law.
- Alumni and Friends Reception in New York City
- March 9 2014 at 7:30 PMHeartland BreweryJoin us for an alumni and friends reception in New York City. The complimentary reception, hosted by the alumni relations, is from 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. at Heartland Brewery. Two beverage tickets will be provided for each guest. Prior to the reception, at 6:30 p.m., the WSU’s Maggie Allesee Department of Theatre and Dance is hosting the WSU Showcase at The Mint Theatre. The Showcase provides a chance for graduating WSU theatre students to act in front of directors and agents looking for the next generation of actors on Broadway. The Mint Theatre is located at 311 West 43rd Street. There are no reserved seats for the Showcase. All seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to 99 guests. Please note, you do not need to attend the showcase to come to the reception.Also - if you respond after March 6 you can still come. You may not get a confirmation note, but please come and we will make you a name badge at the reception. For directions: heartlandbrewery.com, 646-366-0235. minttheater.org, 212-315-9434
- Spring Break Social hosted by the LLM program
- March 13 2014 at 5:00 PMCirca SaloonStaying in Detroit for spring break? Great, so are we! Join us for FREE pizza, beer, and a game of pool. This event is not limited to LLM students so please invite your classmates and friends to join in as well. For those that have not been to Circa before, it is a bar and restaurant located on Cass Ave right across from the Law School. If you'd like to walk over together on March 13th, let me know and we can meet in the law school lobby. See you at Circa!
- Alumni and Friends - Spring Training Game and Picnic - Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros
- March 15 2014 at 11:30 AMJoker Marchant StadiumJoin alumni and friends for a pre-game picnic and Tiger spring training game in Lakeland, Florida. Pre-game picnic begins at 11:30 a.m. Game time is 1:05 p.m. After making reservations, you can pick up your tickets on game day at "will call" outside of the stadium. Please note that most parking lots in the area charge approximately $7. For directions to stadium go to: www.springtrainingconnection/lakeland. To RSVP go to alumni.wayne.edu.
- Wayne Law Graduation Expo: One-Stop Days
- March 18 2014 at 11:00 AMLaw School Lobby - first floorFor graduating Wayne Law students: Pick up your Commencement ceremony tickets and instructions for the day of the ceremony. Each graduate gets tickets for eight guests. Additional tickets available upon request to the Dean of Students Office. Return any extra tickets you won’t need. Have your photo taken. (All graduates must be photographed by Jewell Photo to appear in the class photo.) Cost is $29 (cash, check, Visa or MasterCard). Remember to sign up in advance for a photo time. Sign-up sheets are posted in the Law Library breezeway and outside the Dean of Students Office. Wear business attire. Arrive 15 minutes early. Four poses included. View proofs on the spot. Cost includes placement in class composite photo, as well as an 11 by 14 copy of the class composite, shipped to your home. Opportunity to order and pay for additional photos (for use as portraits and/or with graduation announcements and thank-you notes). Order your cap and gown rental. Cost is $101.98 plus tax (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) Barnes and Noble Bookstore will be on site to take your order. You will rent/return your gown and hood. You will get to keep your tam and tassel. Order and pay for any needed diploma frames, class rings and invitations. Barnes and Noble Bookstore will be on site to provide you with the opportunity to order any of these optional items.
- More Events
Stacey Washington '87, was elected to the Board of Directors of Growing Hope, a nonprofit organization that organizes the...Read more
Interim Associate Dean; Associate Professor of Law Lance Gable is serving as one of five guest editors for a special issue by Global Health...Read more
Wade Fink was a member of a Wayne Law National Moot Court Team that made it to the final round in the...Read more