Wayne Law News Center
- Former Sen. Carl Levin calls Obama Administration's efforts on anti-corruption, anti-money laundering rules 'significant step backward'
- May 6, 2016
- Wayne Law seeks leaders as third cohort for Detroit Equity Action Lab
- May 2, 2016
- Wayne Law appoints assistant dean of admissions
- April 28, 2016
- Wayne Law alumna brings empathy to job as public defender
- April 27, 2016
Professors in the News
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was quoted by Detroit Metro Times for its report, "Are real estate investors from Oakland County to Hong Kong driving Detroit's blight?"Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote "Fizzled Goldman Sachs Cases Put S.E.C. in Harsh Light" for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler spoke with host Warren Pierce on WJR radio about the Constitution and gender identity.Read Article
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted by WWJ CBS Detroit for its report, "Warren Evans Feeling Pressure After Gilbert's Soccer Stadium Proposal."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Small Business Legal Academy
- May 7 2016 at 8:30 AMWayne Law SchoolENTREPRENEURS AND STARTUPS: Join leading Detroit law firms, legal resource providers, and business professionals for a series of FREE panel discussions covering real estate, intellectual property, funding, social entrepreneurship and non profits, food businesses, accounting, tax, and employment issues for small businesses. Attendees will hear from legal professionals on a variety of topics that are necessary for business owners to understand in order to take their business to the next level. Small business owners will have extensive opportunities for one-on-one conversations with the panelists. Participating law firms and legal resource providers include Bodman PLC, Brooks Kushman, Dickinson, Dykema, Honigman, Jaffe, Miller Canfield, Canvas Legal, and Michigan Community Resources. Participating corporations include General Motors, Hewlett Packard, and Plante Moran. Registration is encouraged, but not required.
- Essay Advantage Lecture
- May 7 2016 at 10:00 AMLaw ClassroomEssay Advantage lecture to assist students with preparing for the Michigan Bar Exam.
- ITEUS Cocktail Reception and Dinner
- May 9 2016 at 5:00 PMMcGregor Memorial Conference CenterLeonardo International,The Consulate of Italy in Detroit,and the College of Engineering at Wayne State Universitycordially invite you to attend the Italian Technological Excellence in the USCocktail Reception and Dinner 5 p.m.Monday, May 9, 2016McGregor Memorial Conference CenterWayne State University495 Ferry MallDetroit, MI 48202 5 - 5:30 p.m., Registration5:30 - 6 p.m., Formal program Please also join us for technical presentations at the ITEUS symposium on May 10. Visit engineering.wayne.edu/andersoninstitute/iteus.php for more information.
- Career Fair - International Conference Promoting Italian Technology in the USA
- May 10 2016 at 10:00 AMMcGregor Memorial Conference CenterLeonardo International, the Consulate of Italy in Detroit, and Wayne State University cordially invite you to attend the Italian Technological Excellence in the U.S. Career Fair and Technical Presentations May 10, 201610 a.m. to 4 p.m. McGregor Memorial Conference Center Wayne State University 495 Gilmour Mall Detroit, MI 48202 Featuring 20 Italian automotive and technology companies (internships, co-ops and full-time positions) Open to all students and alumni from Michigan universities (undergraduate through doctorate) Event is free, but registration is encouraged (parking available in Structure 1 or on street) Learn more about ITEUS at go.wayne.edu/ITEUS.
- Annual DPS High School Mock Trial Tournament
- May 11 2016 at 9:00 AMLaw School BuildingAnnual DPS High School Mock Trial Tournament
- Jessup International Moot Court Team Try Outs
- May 13 2016 at 10:00 AMSpencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThe Wayne State University Law School Jessup International Moot Court Team will have try outs May 13, 2016, and May 15, 2016. The Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition is the world's largest and most prestigious moot court competition, with participants from over 550 law schools in nearly 90 countries. The Wayne State Team has gone to international rounds three of the last four years and won the Regional Competition for the last two years. This year the team is looking for three students to join. The try out will consist of a seven-minute version of your 1L argument and then a few interview questions. If you are interested in trying out, please sign up on the TWEN site. Learn more about the Wayne Law Jessup Program here.
- More Events
Lori Buiteweg '90, wrote "Big News: the 21st Century Practice Task Force is Out!" for her monthly president's column...Read more
Associate Professor of Law Noah Hall presented on critical laws influencing the Great Lakes at Grand Valley State...Read more
Brandon Barlog was featured in the Oakland County Legal News for its report, "Wayne Law student has the bench in...Read more