Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law students serving public interest through summer fellowships
- June 25, 2015
- New alumnus honored for his clinical work at Wayne Law
- June 24, 2015
- Levin Center at Wayne Law announces bipartisan advisory board
- June 17, 2015
- Wayne Law names new director, associate director for clinical education
- June 17, 2015
Professors in the News
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic; Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck was interviewed for a WDET report, "State of Michigan Wins SCOTUS Case over EPA Mercury Rule, ‘Inevitable Delayed' Says Expert."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a National Law Journal report, "Plaintiffs Prefer to Keep Air Bags Litigation in Court."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was interviewed for a WJR segment on recent Supreme Court decisions on same-sex marriage and the Affordable Health Care Act.Read Article
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Lance Gable was interviewed on WDET radio for a report, "What the SCOTUS Ruling on the Affordable Care Act Means."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Citizens Environment Alliance State of the Detroit River Boat Tour 2015
- July 11 2015 at 12:00 PM1 Riverfront Festival Plaza, WindsorWayen Law Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck, director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic and executive director of the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center, will be one of the speakers during the four-hour tour of the Detroit River aboard the Macassa Bay cruise ship. The price includes lunch and a cash bar.
- How Lawyers and Journalists Can Better Collaborate During a Crisis
- September 10 2015 at 12:00 PMLaw SchoolA panel discussion to increase collaboration and ease confusion between lawyers and reporters during high-tension events like those that have unfolded in Ferguson, Missori, New York and Baltimore, Maryland.
- Book launch for Frank Kelley, The People's Lawyer
- September 17 2015 at 5:30 PMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium and AtriumA presentation and reception to celebrate the publication of "The People's Lawyer: The Life and Times of Frank J. Kelley, the Nation's Longest-Serving Attorney General" by Frank J. Kelley with Jack Lessenberry. The authors will have a conversation-style presentation and sign books after the presentation. Food and beverages will be served.
- Graduate Open House
- September 30 2015 at 3:00 PMStudent CenterJoin us anytime between 3 and 6 p.m. to learn more about advancing your education and career at Wayne State’s Graduate School. You’ll be able to meet with representatives from our most popular programs, get information on financial aid and career services, and take a campus tour. Alumni, faculty and current students will be on hand for networking and questions, plus: Receive an application fee waiver Enjoy light refreshments and a small gift Free parking
- Law School Alumni Reception during State Bar Annual Meeting
- October 8 2015 at 4:30 PMSuburban Collection ShowplaceJoin us for a special gathering with Wayne Law dean, faculty, alumni and friends as part of the State Bar of Michigan Annual Meeting. The event components consist of a reception and brief program.
- More Events
Michael Leib '79, launched LeibADR in Bloomfield Hills to provide metro Detroit law firms and the courts with...Read more
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was the keynote speaker for the annual Health Care Heroes Dinner of the...Read more
Steven Knox received the Outstanding Student Award for Wayne Law from the Clinical Legal Education Association....Read more