Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law welcomes incoming class
- August 29, 2014
- Wayne Law presents top scholar awards to 2013-14 first-year students
- August 28, 2014
- Register for Sept. 26 Ambulance Chase 5K at Wayne Law
- August 28, 2014
- Wayne Law alumni, professors to be honored as part of State Bar of Michigan annual meeting
- August 28, 2014
Professors in the News
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic; Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck was quoted in Politico in an article titled "One Democrat's gamble on climate change."Read Article
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was quoted in a Detroit Free Press article titled "Detroit bankruptcy judge may consider sanctions for Syncora attorneys."Read Article
Assistant Professor of Law Justin Long was quoted in a Detroit Free Press article titled "Attorney: Suspending charter school authorizers is lengthy process."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Detroit Free Press report titled "Novi judge provided 'falsified' documents, Oakland prosecutor says."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- The Starting Block: Note Taking & Reading Cases
- September 2 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1550This is the first event in the “First Year Workshop Series”, which is designed to provide students with tips and strategies for a successful first semester. This initial program will discuss taking effective notes for class and the nuances of reading legal cases assigned for class. This is a brown bag event, please RSVP to Sarah Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 313-577-9293 to register.
- Alternative Orientation and First Meeting
- September 2 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, 1244Alternative time for ORientation and First Meeting of the Wayne State Transactional Law Competition.
- The Starting Block: Note Taking & Case Reading
- September 2 2014 at 5:00 PMLaw Classroom, 1550This is the first event in the “First Year Workshop Series”, which is designed to provide students with tips and strategies for a successful first semester. This initial program will discuss taking effective notes for class and the nuances of reading legal cases assigned for class. This is a brown bag event, please RSVP to Sarah Garrison at email@example.com, or call 313-577-9293 to register.
- Wayne State Transactional Law Competition: Orientation and First Meeting
- September 2 2014 at 5:00 PMLaw School Building, 2242Orientation and first meeting for the Wayne State Transactional Law Competition.
- Student Board of Governors Regular Meeting
- September 2 2014 at 8:30 PMLaw School Building, 2242Student Board of Governors regular meeting
- Wayne State University Farmers Market
- September 3 2014 at 11:00 AM5201 Cass AveThe Wayne State University Farmers Market unveils its seventh season June 4. Open Wednesdays from 11 to 4 pm at its usual location in front of Prentis Hall, the market will run through October 29. Detroit-grown produce will be on offer by D-Town Farm, Grown in Detroit Cooperative, Brother Nature Produce, and Labrosse Farm. Produce anchors Van Houtte and Holtz will also return with their usual selections of fruits, berries, vegetables, flowers, herbs, potted plants, and eggs. They will be joined by Burda’s Berries, who offers a variety of fresh berries throughout the season. Delicious hot and/or cold prepared foods and desserts will be sold by Russell Street Deli, Avalon Bakery, Brooklyn Street Local, and Sweet Potato Sensations, all returning vendors. Nikki’s Ginger Teas will offer a splash of freshness to warm afternoons, while Greentoe Gardens will sweeten them with several local honey flavors. Mystic Kettle—joining us for a first full season—will pop delicious popcorn right in front of you. The market accepts cash, Bridge Card benefits, Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB), and WIC and Senior Project FRESH coupons. Sponsored by the Fair Food Network, DUFB matches Bridge Card spending at the market up to $20 per card per day. The market also offers the Student Advantage Project, in which students pay $5 to get $10 in vouchers to spend on produce at the market.
- More Events
Kaitlyn Cramer '13, has joined Zausmer Kaufman August & Caldwell PC as an associate.Read more
Adjunct Professor, Patent Procurement Clinic Thomas Helmholdt spoke about the Wayne Law Patent Procurement Law Clinic at the Aug. 19...Read more
Samuel Kokoszka , who will start his second year at Wayne State University Law School this fall, has been awarded...Read more