Wayne Law News Center
- Legal experts to speak at Wayne Law on doing business in India, China, Middle East
- October 15, 2014
- Michigan Muslim Bar Association awards scholarship to Wayne Law student
- October 14, 2014
- Extreme demand moves Wayne Law's Julian Bond event Oct. 23 to larger venue
- October 13, 2014
- Love of music led Wayne Law alumnus to discover entertainment law
- October 9, 2014
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was interviewed for a Michigan Public Radio report titled "Detroit reaches settlement with last major objecting creditor in bankruptcy."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in an Oakland Press article titled "New details, opinions emerge in State Police investigation into Waterford Twp. police chief."Read Article
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was quoted in a Bridge magazine report titled "Regular Detroiters get their day in bankruptcy court."Read Article
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was quoted in a Detroit Free Press report titled "Detroit deal with creditor includes Joe Louis site."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- The Use of Force against ISIS: Political and Legal Perspectives
- October 20 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumWSU's Department of Political Science presents this event sharing insights into the politics, policy considerations and legal frameworks relating to the U.S. use of force in Iraq and Syria. The event is presented in cooperation with Wayne Law's Program for International Legal Studies, WSU's Center for Peace and Conflict Studies, and Wayne Law's Middle Eastern Law Students Association. Speakers: Professor Nadia Marinova, political science Professor Tom Pierre Najem, political science, University of Windsor (visiting scholar, WSU) Professor Frederic Pearson, political science and peace and conflict studies Professor Gregory H. Fox, law Professor Brad R. Roth, political science and law
- Keith Students for Civil Rights General Meeting
- October 20 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, 2242Please join us for a Keith Students for Civil Rights general membership meeting. Topis to be addressed include planning the upcoming Youth Civil Rights Conference, volunteer opportunities, and upcoming fundraisers.
- LSAC Houston Forum
- October 20 2014 at 2:00 PMHyatt Regency HoustonCome meet Wayne Law representatives!
- Careers in Real Estate Law
- October 21 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Library, Arthur Neef, Barris LoungeAttorneys will discuss career opportunities in real estate law.
- Shepardize Lunch & Learn
- October 21 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1535Shepardize Lunch & Learn: Know how to research on Lexis; know if you have good law and find more authority.
- BizGrid Live!
- October 21 2014 at 1:00 PMMcGregor Memorial Conference CenterBizGrid Live is back! The BizGrid is an infographic designed to help Detroit entrepreneurs navigate the many organizations providing business assistance in Detroit. If you've ever needed help exploring Detroit's wealth of resources, you need to come to BizGrid Live! On Tuesday, October 21, we'll bring the BizGrid to life! Meet representatives from the BizGrid organizations who provide resources and services ranging from business planning and strategy to real estate assistance, funding, co-working space and more. This FREE event is open to anyone with a passion or interest in business in Detroit. Date: October 21, 2014Time: 1–6pmPlace: McGregor Conference Center, 495 Ferry Mall, Wayne State University, Detroit The event includes four interactive breakout sessions and a resource fair where you can learn how BizGrid organizations can help advance your business goals. And you won't want to miss our keynote address from Jacques Panis, president of Shinola! Panel topics include: Designing and Developing Your Idea Growing Your Neighborhood Business Building Your Team Designing and Making Your Product We'll conclude with a networking hour. You'll leave with new contacts and a heightened sense of services available to you and your business!Thank you to our event sponsors: New Economy Initiative, The Front Door at Wayne State University and Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses! RSVP and jump-start your business now!
- More Events
Anthony Paris '07, and the band Blue Pontiac performed songs written by attorney-activist Maurice Sugar in the 1930s...Read more
Dean Jocelyn Benson spoke on the state of Michigan's campaign finance law in the aftermath of the...Read more
Mahde Abdallah was awarded a scholarship by the Michigan Muslim Bar Association. He is a third-year...Read more