Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law clinic works to protect public health from pet coke piles
- April 22, 2014
- Cody students to present solutions to Detroit issues May 9 at Wayne Law
- April 18, 2014
- Equal Justice Initiative founder to get honorary degree, speak May 12 at Wayne Law Commencement
- April 18, 2014
- Wayne Law Moot Court elects officers for 2014-15
- April 16, 2014
Professors in the News
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was quoted and focused on in Detroit News columnist Laura Berman's piece titled "Offer of a fresh perspective might help Detroit out of bankruptcy."Read Article
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was part of the focus of a WJBK-TV report titled "Judge to interview experts in Detroit bankruptcy."Read Article
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was quoted in a Michigan Radio report titled "Now it's up to Lansing to make Detroit's 'grand bargain' work."Read Article
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was quoted in a Detroit Free Press article titled "Detroit pension leaders, city reach landmark deal on retiree cuts."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- American Democracy and the Rule of Law: Why Every Vote Matters
- May 1 2014 at 11:00 AMTheodore Levin U.S. CourthouseThis special free event to mark Law Day 2014 will feature a panel disucssion at 12:30 p.m. in Courtroom 100 on historical and current issues regarding voting and the election process. Special guests will be Wayne Law Dean Jocelyn Benson, an expert on election law, and Michigan Director of Elections Chris Thomas. Tours of the courthouse will take place, and free hot dogs, chips and cookies will be on hand. Michigan voter registration will take place, and displays and handouts from many federal agencies will be available, as will a free "Ask the Lawyer" program. Cellphones are not allowed in the courthouse, and participants must bring photo ID. The event is sponsored by U.S. District Court, the Federal Bar Association's Eastern District of Michigan Chapter and the Wolverine Bar Association.
- Moot Court - Alternate Date - Tryouts
- May 3 2014 at 8:00 AMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumMoot Court - Alternate Date - Tryouts
- Mock Trial (STAP) Tryouts
- May 3 2014 at 9:00 AMLaw School Building, Moot CourtroomMock Trial (STAP) Tryouts Please register via Mock Trial TWEN page.
- Detroit Public Schools Middle and High School Mock Trial Tournaments
- May 6 2014 at 9:00 AMLaw School, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumWayne Law hosts this annual mock trial tournament between DPS middle and high school students.
- Wayne Law Intellectual Property Law Reception
- May 6 2014 at 6:00 PMTraffic Jam & Snug RestaurantWayne Law students are invited to meet with faculty, employers, current program students and admitted students to learn more about Wayne Law's intellectual property and patent law program and career prospects. Space is limited to the first 25 people who respond.
- Why the D? Detroit Youth Offer Solutions
- May 9 2014 at 11:00 AMWayne State University Law School,Leaders and residents will hear solutions for critical issues facing Detroit from high school students of the Cody Academy of Public Leadership during this symposium. Free and open to the public. Refreshments will be provided. To register, visit law.wayne.edu/cody or call (313) 577-3620. Parking will be available for $6.50 (credit and debit cards only) in Structure One across West Palmer Street from the law school. Complete event details
- More Events
Damon J. Keith '56, was awarded the Wolverine Bar Association's Living Legacy Award at the organization's April 12...Read more
Director of Graduate Studies; Associate Professor of Law Paul Dubinsky and Professors Gregory Fox and Brad Roth prepared and presented "Treaties as...Read more
Patrick Tully wrote a blog entry for the Great Lakes Environmental Law Center titled Students working in...Read more