Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law professor's book explores legal assistance for noncitizen crime victims
- August 8, 2014
- Mark Weiss Day raises $6,000 for scholarships at Wayne Law
- August 4, 2014
- Wayne Law student awarded federal court's scholarship
- August 1, 2014
- Wayne Law celebrates donation of Congressman John Conyers' papers
- July 21, 2014
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Detroit Free Press report titled "Novi judge provided 'falsified' documents, Oakland prosecutor says."Read Article
Dean Jocelyn Benson was quoted in a Detroit Free Press article titled "Claudia House Morcom, legal pioneer and champion for human rights, dies at 82."Read Article
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was quoted in a Huffington Post report titled "How Detroit's Water Crisis Is Part Of A Much Bigger Problem."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a San Jose Mercury News report titled "PG&E target of new federal grand jury probe."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Moot Court Bake Sale
- August 25 2014 at 9:00 AMAtriumWayne Law Moot Court will be having a bake sale the first day of school. Stop by to grab a delicious treat before heading to your first day of classes.
- Wayne State University Farmers Market
- August 27 2014 at 11:00 AM5201 Cass AveThe Wayne State University Farmers Market unveils its seventh season June 4. Open Wednesdays from 11 to 4 pm at its usual location in front of Prentis Hall, the market will run through October 29. Detroit-grown produce will be on offer by D-Town Farm, Grown in Detroit Cooperative, Brother Nature Produce, and Labrosse Farm. Produce anchors Van Houtte and Holtz will also return with their usual selections of fruits, berries, vegetables, flowers, herbs, potted plants, and eggs. They will be joined by Burda’s Berries, who offers a variety of fresh berries throughout the season. Delicious hot and/or cold prepared foods and desserts will be sold by Russell Street Deli, Avalon Bakery, Brooklyn Street Local, and Sweet Potato Sensations, all returning vendors. Nikki’s Ginger Teas will offer a splash of freshness to warm afternoons, while Greentoe Gardens will sweeten them with several local honey flavors. Mystic Kettle—joining us for a first full season—will pop delicious popcorn right in front of you. The market accepts cash, Bridge Card benefits, Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB), and WIC and Senior Project FRESH coupons. Sponsored by the Fair Food Network, DUFB matches Bridge Card spending at the market up to $20 per card per day. The market also offers the Student Advantage Project, in which students pay $5 to get $10 in vouchers to spend on produce at the market.
- The Starting Block: Note Taking & Reading Cases
- September 2 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1550This is the first event in the “First Year Workshop Series”, which is designed to provide students with tips and strategies for a successful first semester. This initial program will discuss taking effective notes for class and the nuances of reading legal cases assigned for class. This is a brown bag event, please RSVP to Sarah Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 313-577-9293 to register.
- The Starting Block: Note Taking & Case Reading
- September 2 2014 at 5:00 PMLaw Classroom, 1550This is the first event in the “First Year Workshop Series”, which is designed to provide students with tips and strategies for a successful first semester. This initial program will discuss taking effective notes for class and the nuances of reading legal cases assigned for class. This is a brown bag event, please RSVP to Sarah Garrison at email@example.com, or call 313-577-9293 to register.
- Wayne State Transactional Law Competition: Orientation and First Meeting
- September 2 2014 at 5:00 PMLaw School Building, 2242Orientation and first meeting for the Wayne State Transactional Law Competition.
- Women's Law Caucus First Meeting
- September 3 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1550The first meeting of the year where we will kick off our events and community service programs.
- More Events
Todd Fracassi '00, has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 in the areas of...Read more
Adjunct Professor, Patent Procurement Clinic Thomas Helmholdt spoke about the Wayne Law Patent Procurement Law Clinic at the Aug. 19...Read more
Samuel Kokoszka , who will start his second year at Wayne State University Law School this fall, has been awarded...Read more