Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law Moot Court elects officers for 2014-15
- April 16, 2014
- Wayne Law alumni use environmental law to shape future in many areas
- April 14, 2014
- Wayne Law transactional team competes in nationals; new course planned
- April 11, 2014
- Wayne Law clinic urges new environmental study for I-94 expansion
- April 10, 2014
Professors in the News
Associate Professor of Law Noah Hall was quoted in a Legal News article titled "Wayne Law alumni use environmental law to shape the future in many areas."Read Article
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was included in a news report in the Detroit Free Press titled "Five seek post as judge's expert witness in Detroit bankruptcy case." Hammer is one of the applicants.Read Article
Adjunct Professor, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Clinic Michael Steinberg was quoted in an Associated Press story on MLive titled "Michigan ban on same-sex benefits for public workers back in court."Read Article
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic; Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck was quoted in a Legal News story titled "Wayne Law clinic urges new environmental study for I-94 expansion."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Conversations for Caregivers | Open to WSU and the Community
- April 16 2014 at 9:30 AMCharles H. Wright Museum of African American HistoryShiffman Medical Library Outreach presents a Community Conversations on Health program: Conversations for Caregivers. FREE with RSVP. Featuring Presentations and Breakout Sessions on... Avoiding Legal & Financial Pitfalls as Caregivers How to Setup Advance Directives Managing Physical & Psychological Stress of Caregiving Navigating the Healthcare Environment Successful Aging | Aging with Independence, Choice & Dignity and more...
- Mac Shack food truck
- April 17 2014 at 4:30 PMWayne Law parking lotThe Mac Shack food truck will be in the Law School front parking lot. The Mac Shack is known for variations of macaroni and cheese. Details: www.macshackmichigan.com
- Cap and gown pick up
- April 22 2014 at 12:00 PMAtrium outside Wayne Law’s Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumWayne Law students who ordered Commencement caps and gowns in March can pick up their orders. Pick up your cap and gown at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore table. Complete the employment survey at the Career Services table. Join the alumni association at the Alumni Relations table.
- American Democracy and the Rule of Law: Why Every Vote Matters
- May 1 2014 at 11:00 AMTheodore Levin U.S. CourthouseThis special free event to mark Law Day 2014 will feature a panel disucssion at 12:30 p.m. in Courtroom 100 on historical and current issues regarding voting and the election process. Special guests will be Wayne Law Dean Jocelyn Benson, an expert on election law, and Michigan Director of Elections Chris Thomas. Tours of the courthouse will take place, and free hot dogs, chips and cookies will be on hand. Michigan voter registration will take place, and displays and handouts from many federal agencies will be available, as will a free "Ask the Lawyer" program. Cellphones are not allowed in the courthouse, and participants must bring photo ID. The event is sponsored by U.S. District Court, the Federal Bar Association's Eastern District of Michigan Chapter and the Wolverine Bar Association.
- Mock Trial (STAP) Tryouts
- May 3 2014 at 9:00 AMLaw School Building, Moot CourtroomMock Trial (STAP) Tryouts Please register via Mock Trial TWEN page.
- Moot Court - Alternate Date - Tryouts
- May 3 2014 at 10:00 AMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumMoot Court - Alternate Date - Tryouts
- More Events
Thomas Cameron '96, was appointed to the Third Circuit Court in Detroit by Gov. Rick Snyder. Cameron is the Criminal...Read more
Director of Graduate Studies; Associate Professor of Law Paul Dubinsky and Professors Gregory Fox and Brad Roth prepared and presented "Treaties as...Read more
Eric Shovein has been selected as a 2014 Presidential Management Fellowship finalist. The fellowship...Read more