Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law professor to be honored at Ural State Law University in Russia
- May 29, 2015
- Wayne Law's bar passage rate for first-time takers rises 2 points to 89 percent
- May 28, 2015
- Two Wayne Law graduates honored by State Bar of Michigan Taxation Section
- May 27, 2015
- Wayne Law Commencement honors 145
- May 22, 2015
Professors in the News
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted in a Detroit News report, "Arena moves ahead; nearby projects may lag."Read Article
Dean Jocelyn Benson talked about the new Levin Center and other updates about Wayne Law on Michigan's Big Show.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a report, "Former Fifa insider says Sepp Blatter must go if reform is to succeed," in The Guardian.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was interviewed for a Bloomberg Radio report, "Private searches of personal computers."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Admissions/Detroit Public Schools Mock Trial Tournament - Middle School
- June 1 2015 at 9:00 AMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumAnnual mock trial tournaments with six Detroit Pubic Schools.
- Statewide Community Benefits Conference: Justice for Our Neighborhoods
- June 5 2015 at 8:00 AMFederal Reserve BankWayne Law Professor Peter Hammer, director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights, will be a featured speaker during the conference, as will Ken Harris, president of the Michigan Black Chamber of Commerce Inc.; and the Rev. Joan Ross, director of the North End Woodward Community Coalition. Learn more about: Successful community benefit agreements across the country Growing the movement -- what you can do Developing your communication skills Organizing your neighborhood Being part of a statewide network The conference is free of charge, and sponsored by Sugar Law Center in partnership with Engage Michigan, the Michigan Black Chamber of Commerce, EJAM, CDAD and Equitable Detroit Coalition. The event is made possible with support by the Cynthia Estrada Fund.
- Behind the Times: The Struggle for LGBTQ Equality in Michigan
- June 7 2015 at 12:30 PMFirst Unitarian Universalist Church of DetroitWayne Law Professor Peter Hammer, director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights, will present "Behind the Times: The Struggle for LGBTQ Equality in Michigan," discussing the issue as outlined in his Jurist article "Mich-issippi Burning: Marriage Equality, Anti-Gay Animus and Majoritarian Politics." The lecture will be followed by a Q&A session, and light refreshments will be served.
- Wayne Law 2015 Golf Outing
- June 8 2015 at 11:00 AMCountry Club of DetroitOn behalf of Wayne State University, Wayne State Law School, the faculty, the staff, the students, and more than 11,000 alumni, we invite you to play in the 2015 Wayne Law Golf Outing. This event, which was held in a collegial manner throughout Metro Detroit for more than 15 years, was restored last year and charged with two significant tasks: bring together alumni and friends of the Law School, and fund an endowed scholarship to retain the best and brightest students. This golf outing, held this year at the impressive Country Club of Detroit, is an opportunity for our alums to reconnect to the Law School, see some old classmates, enjoy a day of fantastic golf on an immaculate course, and raise endowed scholarship dollars to benefit their alma mater. This opportunity to have good fun, while doing good works, is a combination we are proud to be a part of. The Wayne Law Golf Outing Details: Monday, June 8th, 2015 Country Club of Detroit - 220 Country Club Drive, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236 Registration 11:00, 12:00 Lunch, 1:00 shotgun start Scramble format – foursomes Games on the course, mulligans, tee shot help from Wayne State golf team Cocktail reception and food immediately following play, including presentation of scholarship to awardee, golfer awards, and update from the Dean. We hope that you will consider a tax deductible sponsorship to pay for your foursome of golf. It is the main source of funding the endowed scholarship and a great way to put your name or your company’s name in front of 100 or more of the best attorneys and legal specialists in Michigan. There are many levels of support to choose from, and each will significantly impact the lives of current and future Wayne Law Students. To see more information, or to register, visit our website at www.wayne.law.edu/golf If you have any specific questions about the event, feel free to contact Matt Cunningham at (313)577-0749 or email him at email@example.com . We look forward to seeing you on June 8th. The Wayne Law Golf Outing Committee Chair -David Galbenski, Lumen LegalPeter Henning, Wayne Law FacultyHenry Brennan III, Howard & HowardDavid McClaughry, Ingrassia Fisher & Lorenz PCPaul Hines, Gasiorek, Morgan & Greco PCAnthony Dietz, Law Offices of Shannon Shaya, PCBrittany Schultz, Dykema Gossett PLLCLarry Mann, RetiredTim Guerriero, Retired Lorenzo Parker, Pro-Actus Sports and Entertainment
- Wayne Law Admitted Student Dinner and Detroit Bus Tour
- June 11 2015 at 4:00 PMLaw School BuildingPlease join Wayne Law for a bus tour of Detroit, dinner and drinks! The Detroit Experience Factory will provide incoming students with a tour of the Midtown and Downtown areas of Detroit ending at HopCat - Detroit, where Dean Benson, faculty, alumni, current students and admissions staff will join incoming students for dinner and drinks. This will be a great time to meet your future classmates and professors, and have any remaining law school questions answered. Buses will return attendees to the law school following dinner. Unfortunately we are unable to accomodate guests. You must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol.
- Groundswell 2015: Oral History for Movement Building
- June 17 2015 at 1:00 PMDamon J. Keith Law CollectionIn conjunction with the Allied Media Conference, Groundswell will hold a networking gathering of diverse communities to share experience and explore ways in which oral history can mobilize, connect, educate, and inspire movement for justice.
- More Events
Benjamin McCoy '14, is co-author of Petroleum Coke in the Urban Environment: A Review of Potential Health Effects. The...Read more
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic; Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nick Schroeck is co-author of Petroleum Coke in the Urban Environment: A Review of...Read more
Brent Farago was selected by faculty to be honored at the recent Michigan Bar Tax Section annual meeting. Each...Read more