Wayne Law News Center
- Attorney affiliated with Serial podcast speaks at Wayne State
- February 20, 2017
- Wayne Law Mock Trial teams place 2nd in regional competition
- February 20, 2017
- Wayne Law again wins Jessup international law Midwest regional
- February 15, 2017
- Wayne Law Review Symposium on drug policy set for March 24
- February 10, 2017
Professors in the News
Chair, Levin Center at Wayne Law; Distinguished Legislator in Residence Carl Levin wrote, "A package proposal for repatriation," for The Hill.Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was quoted in a report, "Is SCOTUS nominee Mr. Congeniality?" which was published in Michigan Lawyers Weekly and the Detroit Legal News.Read Article
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted by The Detroit News for its report, "Tallest building in Detroit planned for Hudson site."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote, "Signs of a Step Back in Financial Regulatory Enforcement," for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Journal of Law in Society Meeting
- February 23 2017 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building Room 2103 Distance Learning RoomJournal of Law in Society Meeting
- Detroiters Speak presents "Black, Brown & Red Power - Schooling Resistance"
- February 23 2017 at 7:30 PMCass Corridor CommonsJoin us this semester as we aim to make sense of how we arrived at today's dynamic education landscape in Detroit. In previous speaker's series we have dabbled in the arena of education, but this time we'll take a deeper dive. Together we will examine everything from the purpose of learning, to the meaning of "public" schooling, to the historic impact of segregation and racism on educational equity in this region, to the most recent period of "emergency mismanagement" by the state of Michigan, etc. This is a weekly event taking place through April 13. Light dinner provided. Additional details Sponsored by the Detroit Equity Action Lab at Wayne Law's Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights, WSU's Department of African-American Studies and the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor's Semester in Detroit Program.
- Black Law Students Association: Black History Bus Tour
- February 24 2017 at 12:30 PMDamon J. Keith Center Atrium and Room 2242BLSA in conjunction with the Wolverine Bar Association and Straker Bar Association will take a tour of historical sites in Detroit. The tour will begin and end at Wayne Law with a reception to follow.
- Wayne Law - MSU Student Information Session and Tour
- February 24 2017 at 3:00 PMWayne State University Law School, Moot Court RoomWayne Law Admissions will be hosting Michigan State University students for an information session and tour.
- Westlaw Practical Law Training
- February 27 2017 at 12:25 PMLaw Classroom 1525To train students on Westlaw's practical adviser and how to navigate the database.
- Black Lives Matter in the Trump Era
- February 28 2017 at 6:00 PMWayne State University Law School, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumKeeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, assistant professor of African American Studies at Princeton University, will discuss her book, #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation. This event is sponsored by: WSU Department of African American Studies Wayne Law's Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights WSU Center for Peace and Conflict Studies WSU Center for Latino/a and Latin American Studies WSU Humanities Center WSU Departments of History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology and Urban Studies
- More Events
Mike Kolasa, LL.M. '94, made a donation to the members of the Ishpeming Ski Club in Ishpeming, Michigan to help fund the...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was part of a panel discussing, "The Thirteenth Amendment - A Historical...Read more
Charles Roarty was featured in the Detroit Legal News for its report, "Slam dunk: Wayne Law student spearheads...Read more