Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law professor to serve as scholar-in-residence at WilmerHale in London
- January 28, 2015
- Wayne Law event Feb. 3 to focus on helping local entrepreneurs expand globally
- January 26, 2015
- Volunteers needed to preside over mock trials in February
- January 15, 2015
- Panel to discuss implications of Ferguson, New York cases Jan. 21 at Wayne Law
- January 9, 2015
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Reuters report, "U.S. federal safety regulators seek Takata whistleblowers," published by Yahoo.com, CNBC and Automotive News, as well as other news outlets.Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was quoted in Detroit News report: "ACLU files suit against Campus Martius Park operators."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in Bloomberg News report: "Nomura Said to Balk at Settling Mortgage Bond Suit Filed by FHFA."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler wrote a commentary, "Michigan Must Recognize "Stay Window" Marriages," published in Jurist.Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Lexis Nexis 1L Brief Training
- February 2 2015 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 15151L Brief Training with Lexis. Research tips, 400 points, food, and a chance to win 5,000 points grand prize.
- Lexis Nexis 1L Brief Training
- February 2 2015 at 5:00 PMLaw Classroom, 15151L Brief Training with Lexis. Research tips, 400 points, food, and a chance to win 5,000 points grand prize.
- Detroit Regional LGBT Chamber of Commerce Panel & Film Screening – The Economics of Marriage Equality
- February 2 2015 at 6:00 PMLaw School, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumIn celebration of Black History Month, Wayne Law's Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights and Detroit Regional LGBT Chamber of Commerce will host a Marriage Equality Town Hall Meeting and screening of For Faith, For Love, Forever. (Learn more about the film at www.forfaithforloveforeverthemovie.com.) Topics will include the economic impact of gay marriage, as well as issues of gay marriage in the African-American community. Panelists include: Nefertiti Strong, film director Roland Stringfellow, pastor, Metropolitan Community Church of Detroit Peter Hammer, director, Keith Center Jay Kaplan, attorney, ACLU of Michigan Jamie Hawley, chaplain, University of Michigan Health System Michelle Elizabeth Brown, author and former member, of HRC board of governors Dana Nessel, '94, co-counsel, Michigan's same-sex marriage case to the U.S. Supreme Court
- WSU Pre-Law Society visit to Wayne Law
- February 2 2015 at 6:00 PMLaw Classroom, 1525Wayne Law will be hosting Wayne State's Pre-Law Society for a discussion with Dean Benson on "Why Law School? Why Wayne." There will also be a mock-application review with students.
- Taking Detroit Global: Helping Local Entrepreneurs Expand
- February 3 2015 at 12:15 PMLaw School, Damon J. Keith Center for Civil RightsPresented by the Wayne Law Program for International Legal Studies and the Wayne Law Program for Entrepreneurship and Business Law. A discussion with: Bridget Russo, Director of Public Relations and Marketing, Shinola Paula Levitan, Partner, Bryan Cave Moderator: Professor Greg Fox, Director of the Program for International Legal Studies and Professor of Law, Wayne State University Law School Lunch will be provided.
- Women's Law Caucus First Meeting
- February 4 2015 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1535The Women's Law Caucus will be hosting a 10-15 minute meeting to discuss upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.
- More Events
Patricia Nemeth '90, was selected by her peers as a Leading Lawyer in labor and employment law for 2014-15. She was...Read more
Associate Professor of Law Christopher Lund wrote an amici brief on behalf of five North American Islamic scholars. The...Read more
Mahde Abdallah was awarded a scholarship by the Michigan Muslim Bar Association. He is a third-year...Read more