Wayne Law News Center
- Award-winning labor documentary to make Detroit debut Oct. 16 at Wayne Law
- September 29, 2014
- Wayne Law alumnus works to help bring stability to his homeland
- September 24, 2014
- Two 1971 Wayne Law alumni awarded during State Bar banquet
- September 22, 2014
- Wayne Law alumni win Michigan Super Lawyers status
- September 22, 2014
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in an article titled "Legal fees vary tremendously across state, survey finds" published by Cadillacnews.com.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Contra Costa Times (California) article titled "Judge denies PG&E request to remove San Bruno explosion references from federal criminal trial."Read Article
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted in a Detroit Free Press article titled "Detroit's on a development fast track."Read Article
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer was quoted in The Guardian (United Kingdom) in an article titled "Detroit demolishes its ruins: 'The capitalists will take care of the rest'."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Wayne State University Farmers Market
- October 1 2014 at 11:00 AM5201 Cass AveThe Wayne State University Farmers Market unveils its seventh season June 4. Open Wednesdays from 11 to 4 pm at its usual location in front of Prentis Hall, the market will run through October 29. Detroit-grown produce will be on offer by D-Town Farm, Grown in Detroit Cooperative, Brother Nature Produce, and Labrosse Farm. Produce anchors Van Houtte and Holtz will also return with their usual selections of fruits, berries, vegetables, flowers, herbs, potted plants, and eggs. They will be joined by Burda’s Berries, who offers a variety of fresh berries throughout the season. Delicious hot and/or cold prepared foods and desserts will be sold by Russell Street Deli, Avalon Bakery, Brooklyn Street Local, and Sweet Potato Sensations, all returning vendors. Nikki’s Ginger Teas will offer a splash of freshness to warm afternoons, while Greentoe Gardens will sweeten them with several local honey flavors. Mystic Kettle—joining us for a first full season—will pop delicious popcorn right in front of you. The market accepts cash, Bridge Card benefits, Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB), and WIC and Senior Project FRESH coupons. Sponsored by the Fair Food Network, DUFB matches Bridge Card spending at the market up to $20 per card per day. The market also offers the Student Advantage Project, in which students pay $5 to get $10 in vouchers to spend on produce at the market.
- Ohio State University
- October 1 2014 at 11:00 AMOhio Union BallroomCome meet Wayne Law representatives!
- NLG Election Meeting
- October 1 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 2242WSU National Lawyers Guild election meeting
- Women's Law Caucus Second Meeting
- October 1 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1550The second meeting to elect 1L representatives and discuss events for the rest of the semester.
- Let's Talk program - Confidential, drop-in time with a counselor
- October 1 2014 at 4:00 PMLaw School, Jury Room (off lobby of Spencer M. Partrich Auditorium)No appointment necessary. Let's Talk is an opportunity for law students to have a free, confidential, drop-in consultation with a professional counselor from Counseling and Psychological Services. No files are established or kept. Let's Talk isn't traditional counseling and offers students the opportunity to receive information about: Solutions Resources Immediate problem-solving Support Reasons you may use Let's Talk: Stress Peer pressure Relational concerns Anxiety The Let’s Talk program is modeled in part on the Let’s Talk program at Cornell University. We are indebted to our colleagues there for the name and idea; some of the material on their website has been duplicated here with permission. Special thanks to Matt Boone, LCSW, Cornell’s Let’s Talk coordinator, for sharing his expertise and experience.
- Ohio University
- October 1 2014 at 5:00 PMOhio University Catering Ballroom - Nelson CommonsMeet with Wayne Law representatives!
- More Events
Marcy Ford '96, has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 in the area of...Read more
Director of the Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights; Professor of Law Peter Hammer spoke at Marygrove College in a talk sponsored by the Michigan Coalition for...Read more
Samuel Kokoszka , who will start his second year at Wayne State University Law School this fall, has been awarded...Read more