Wayne Law News Center
- Levin Center at Wayne Law selects legal interns for U.S. Senate
- May 24, 2016
- Environmental attorney learned his trade as student lawyer
- May 23, 2016
- Wayne Law students selected for Public Interest Law Fellowships
- May 23, 2016
- Wayne Law professor presents to delegation from Armenia
- May 20, 2016
Professors in the News
Assistant Professor of Law Blanche Cook was featured in the Detroit Legal News regular profile brief column, "Step by Step..."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by Business Insider for its report, "One of TransferWire's US banking partners had 'unsafe and unsound banking practices'."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler is featured in the Detroit Legal News report, "Wayne Law professor presents to delegation from Armenia."Read Article
Chair, Levin Center at Wayne Law; Distinguished Legislator in Residence Carl Levin was quoted extensively in TaxNotes for its report, "Beneficial Ownership is Urgent U.S. Issue, Ex-Senator Levin Says."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Minority Bar Passage Program
- June 2 2016 at 6:00 PMWayne Law's Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights,The Wolverine Bar Association presents a Minority Bar Passage Program to teach students how to prepare for the bar exam. Cost is $75 for first-time bar takers and $50 for repeat bar takers. Registration is required. Register online. Sessions will be from 6 to 9 p.m. on these Thursdays: June 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 and July 14. In addition, a mock bar exam will be from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, July 9.
- Legal Observer & Jail Support Training
- June 5 2016 at 3:00 PMWayne Law's Damon J. Keith Center for Human Rights,Shanna Merola, Legal Observer Coordinator for the National Lawyers Guild Detroit Chapter, will conduct training.
- Annual DPS Middle School Mock Trail Tournament
- June 6 2016 at 9:00 AMLaw School BuildingAnnual DPS Middle School Mock Trail Tournament
- Wayne Law 2016 Golf Outing
- June 6 2016 at 11:00 AMCountry Club of DetroitThe Wayne Law Golf Outing brings together alumni and friends of Wayne Law for a day of golf and to fund an endowed student scholarship. 11 a.m. - Registration Noon - Lunch 1 p.m. - Shotgun start (scramble format – foursomes, games on the course, mulligans, tee shot help from Wayne State golf team) Following play - Cocktail reception and dinner, including presentation of scholarship to awardee and golfer awards Various levels of sponsorship also available. Online registration and sponsorship Complete details and registration and sponsorship forms
- CitizenDetroit Dinner & Dialogue - Detroit Public Schools
- June 9 2016 at 5:30 PMThe Cathedral Church of St. PaulWe all know how important it is that our children get a good education, but public education in Detroit - both traditional and charter - is in crisis. As the number of students attending DPS has declined, so has funding for school operations, causing DPS to face huge financial challenges. Many public charter schools are also struggling. The problem is not just financial. There are some fine schools in Detroit, with passionate teachers and leaders who have dedicated their lives to teaching our children, but far too many of our kids are not getting the education they need in order to be successful in the workplace or in college. As we prepare for DPS to transition back to local control, serious issues have to be addressed: academic achievement; financial stability; corruption; the condition of school buildings; and finding and supporting the best teachers. Most of the solutions to these challenges will come from us, the citizens of Detroit, through local control. Get the facts to make informed decisions. Come join CitizenDetroit and learn about the past, present, and future of Detroit Public Schools. The event takes place from 5:30-8:30 p.m. (doors open at 5pm for dinner). Register today! Two opportunities to attend (select only one date): Thursday, June 9, 2016 Thursday, June 16, 2016 NOTE: The Thursday, May 26 event date has been cancelled.Limited free parking is available on-site. (Enter from Warren Avenue) Admission is free, but reservations are required. To attend, RSVP online or call (313) 577-5550. Space is limited. Reservations will close when capacity is reached. CitizenDetroit is made possible through Wayne State University and the generosity of The Eugene & Marcia Applebaum Family Foundation and The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
- Wayne Law's Second Admitted Student Open House
- June 10 2016 at 10:00 AMLaw School BuildingMeet your faculty members, fellow students and alumni, hear from our different offices and programs, attend a mock class, learn about Midtown Detroit, ask questions, and start preparing for your academic career at the law school. Guests are welcome and encouraged to attend. Lunch will be provided. Dress is causal.
- More Events
Andrew “Jake” Grove '93, has joined Howard & Howard Attorneys PLLC in Royal Oak. Grove, who concentrates his practice in...Read more
Chair, Levin Center at Wayne Law; Distinguished Legislator in Residence Carl Levin presented the keynote speech at TaxCOOP, co-sponsored by and presented at the...Read more
Kyle Bruckner was chosen by The Levin Center at Wayne State University Law School to serve as a legal intern in...Read more