Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law holiday charity efforts assist six families
- December 13, 2013
- State legislator says his law student studies help his work in Lansing
- December 12, 2013
- Wayne Law professor expands human rights work in Cambodia with new board appointment
- December 3, 2013
- Wayne Law student awarded scholarship by Federal Bar Association
- December 3, 2013
Professors in the News
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic Nick Schroeck was quoted in an article in the Daily Mail (United Kingdom) titled "Disturbing levels of HEART DRUGS found in drinking water, says study, as concern for long term health effects grows."Read Article
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic Nick Schroeck was quoted in a New Republic article titled "This New Study Found More Drugs in Our Drinking Water Than Anybody Knew."Read Article
Professor of Law John Mogk wrote a column titled "Here's a way Lansing can help cities besides an emergency manager." The piece was published in the Detroit Free Press.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in an ABC News report titled "Dennis Kozlowski's life after prison."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Public Opinion and Good Governance Lecture Series
- January 9 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, 2242The Public Opinion and Good Governance Lecture Series is a unique montly conversation platform at Wayne Law that stems from the recent Good Governance Summit in Detroit. The series will foster a dialogue among the principal actors on the key governance issues in the region and the state.
- National Commission on Voting Rights - Michigan Hearing
- January 9 2014 at 4:00 PMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumNational Commission on Voting Rights - Michigan Hearing on Voting Rights and Election Administration
- Oakland County Bar Association Student Committee meeting
- January 16 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, 1244This meeting is to inform students about OCBA's services, events, and initiatives.
- "Street Smarts - How to Avoid Being a Victim" Personal Safety Seminar
- January 16 2014 at 4:00 PMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThe Women's Law Caucus, Wayne State University Police Department, and the Wayne Law Dean of Students Office presents "Street Smarts - How to Avoid Being a Victim" Personal Safety Seminar.
- 2014 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Tribute
- January 17 2014 at 10:00 AMMax M. Fisher Music CenterWayne State University will host its annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Tribute at the Max M. Fisher Music Center on Friday, January 17, 2014. The keynote speaker is Dr. Mae Jemison, former NASA Astronaut, Founder and President of Two Medical Technology Companies and Currently Leading the 100 Year Starship Initiative.Net proceeds from the event will support Adopt-A-Classroom, a nationally recognized organization that invites the community into classrooms to increase opportunity for student success by empowering teachers with partnerships and funds to purchase resources for their classrooms. The following ticket/sponsorship purchase opportunities are available for this event. Payment is due at the time of reservation. Tickets are non-refundable. The event will go on regardless of inclement weather. Tickets10-pack Program and Luncheon = $500Program and Luncheon = $65Program only = $10Sponsor student(s) - $10Sponsorship LevelsDream Speaker Sponsor - $20,000Dream Title Sponsor - $10,000Dream Warrior Sponsor - $7,000Dream Believer Sponsor - $5,000Dream Maker Sponsor - $3,000Dream Catcher Sponsor - $2,000Dream Patron Sponsor - $1,000Dream Classroom Sponsor - $300To ask questions or make special payment arrangements, please contact (313) 577-5284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Estate Planning and Social Media
- January 22 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, room 2242In today's world, accounting for your online footprint in your estate plan is a necessity. From Facebook accounts and photos to fantasy sports leagues and email accounts, come find out how you can make a plan for your digital legacy should you pass away or become incapacitated. Guest speakers include attorneys Howard H. Collens and Patricia E. Kefalas Dudek.
- More Events
Justin Spurlock '13, has joined Brooks Kushman PC as a new associate. He focuses his practice on patent prosecution and...Read more
Susan Butterwick is the director of a new project in Washtenaw County -- a Peacekeeping...Read more
Freyja Harris has been awarded a two-year fellowship by the Detroit Revitalization Fellows Program for the...Read more