Wayne Law News Center
- Conference April 7, 8 at Wayne Law to consider solutions for financially distressed cities
- March 7, 2014
- Wayne Law transactional law teams place 1st and 2nd at regionals
- March 6, 2014
- Wayne Law alumnus credits clinic experience for his new job in business law
- March 6, 2014
- Wayne Law team makes it to final round in ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition regional
- March 5, 2014
Professors in the News
Professor of Law John Mogk was quoted in a Detroit News article titled "Different strategies for Gilbert, Ilitches as they reshape Detroit."Read Article
Legal Writing Instructor Amy Neville was quoted in a Legal News article titled "Wayne Law team makes it to regional finals in ABA compeition."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was quoted in a Reuters news story published in the Chicago Tribune and by CNBC titled "Caribbean nations consider push for slavery reparations."Read Article
Professor of Law Laura Bartell was quoted in a Detroit Free Press report titled" Detroit reaches new $120M loan deal with Barclays to improve services."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Spring Break Social hosted by the LLM program
- March 13 2014 at 5:00 PMCirca SaloonStaying in Detroit for spring break? Great, so are we! Join us for FREE pizza, beer, and a game of pool. This event is not limited to LLM students so please invite your classmates and friends to join in as well. For those that have not been to Circa before, it is a bar and restaurant located on Cass Ave right across from the Law School. If you'd like to walk over together on March 13th, let me know and we can meet in the law school lobby. See you at Circa!
- Alumni and Friends - Spring Training Game and Picnic - Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros
- March 15 2014 at 11:30 AMJoker Marchant StadiumJoin alumni and friends for a pre-game picnic and Tiger spring training game in Lakeland, Florida. Pre-game picnic begins at 11:30 a.m. Game time is 1:05 p.m. After making reservations, you can pick up your tickets on game day at "will call" outside of the stadium. Please note that most parking lots in the area charge approximately $7. For directions to stadium go to: www.springtrainingconnection/lakeland. To RSVP go to alumni.wayne.edu.
- Wayne Law Graduation Expo: One-Stop Days
- March 18 2014 at 11:00 AMLaw School Lobby - first floorFor graduating Wayne Law students: Pick up your Commencement ceremony tickets and instructions for the day of the ceremony. Each graduate gets tickets for eight guests. Additional tickets available upon request to the Dean of Students Office. Return any extra tickets you won’t need. Have your photo taken. (All graduates must be photographed by Jewell Photo to appear in the class photo.) Cost is $29 (cash, check, Visa or MasterCard). Remember to sign up in advance for a photo time. Sign-up sheets are posted in the Law Library breezeway and outside the Dean of Students Office. Wear business attire. Arrive 15 minutes early. Four poses included. View proofs on the spot. Cost includes placement in class composite photo, as well as an 11 by 14 copy of the class composite, shipped to your home. Opportunity to order and pay for additional photos (for use as portraits and/or with graduation announcements and thank-you notes). Order your cap and gown rental. Cost is $101.98 plus tax (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) Barnes and Noble Bookstore will be on site to take your order. You will rent/return your gown and hood. You will get to keep your tam and tassel. Order and pay for any needed diploma frames, class rings and invitations. Barnes and Noble Bookstore will be on site to provide you with the opportunity to order any of these optional items.
- Avoiding Common Areas of Malpractice in Tax & Estate Planning
- March 18 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, 2242Attorneys Robert Kass and Betty Carrie will present on the common areas in which attorneys can be charged with malpractice in Tax and Estate Planning, and how to avoid these areas.
- NLG and ACLU combined meeting
- March 18 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw Classroom, 1550NLG and ACLU combined meeting
- The Federalists Society presents "How Money Walks"
- March 18 2014 at 12:15 PMLaw School Building, Spencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThe Federalist Society is pleased host Professor Steven J. Willis from The University of Florida Levin College of Law in the Partrich Auditorium on Tuesday, March 18th from 12:15-1:25 pm. Professor Willis will discuss state-to-state migration within the United States, how $2 trillion moved between the states, and why it matters to us here in Michigan.
- More Events
Stacey Washington '87, was elected to the Board of Directors of Growing Hope, a nonprofit organization that organizes the...Read more
Interim Associate Dean; Associate Professor of Law Lance Gable is serving as one of five guest editors for a special issue by Global Health...Read more
Wade Fink was a member of a Wayne Law National Moot Court Team that made it to the final round in the...Read more