Wayne Law News Center
- Oakland University, Wayne Law partnership offers fast track to bachelor's plus law degree
- October 6, 2015
- Expert to discuss global warming, potential climate agreement Oct. 13 at Wayne Law
- September 30, 2015
- Wayne Law student putting best foot forward in world of entrepreneurship
- September 30, 2015
- Wayne Law alumna wins 3rd prize in national writing competition
- September 29, 2015
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Detroit News report, "GM CEO addresses employees about DOJ settlement."Read Article
Distinguished Professor of Law Robert Sedler was quoted in a Macomb Daily report, "Constitution, Supreme Court decisions subject of Macomb College talk."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted in a Detroit News report, "GM's cooperation in probe key to early resolution."Read Article
Dean Jocelyn Benson was quoted in a Macomb Daily report, "Constitution, Supreme Court decisions subject of Macomb College talk."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Clinical Education Expo
- October 6 2015 at 9:00 AMLaw SchoolInterested in gaining legal experience while in law school? Want academic credit for work in the legal community? Learn how by visiting the Clinical Education Expo tent in front of the Law School. Speak with clinic faculty, staff, and student alumni to learn what clinic and externships at Wayne Law are all about. Information concerning upcoming clinic and Corporate Counsel Externship applications will be available for review. Snacks and beverages will be served.
- Grand Valley State University Graduate School Fair - Allendale
- October 6 2015 at 10:30 AMHenry Hall AtriumMeet with Wayne Law representatives.
- Keith Center Students for Civil Rights General Meeting
- October 6 2015 at 12:15 PM471 W. Palmer Detroit, MI 48202This will be the second meeting of the year for the Keith Students. We will discuss our focus for the year and develop how we want to pursue our project. Open to any 1Ls, 2Ls or 3Ls or anyone interested!
- International Law Students Association (ILSA) General Meeting
- October 6 2015 at 12:15 PMWayne State University Law SchoolCome join us for the International Law Students Association's (ILSA) second general meeting of the semester. New members welcome! Topics to be covered include an overview of upcoming speaker and networking events as well as a discussion of member international experiences. Lunch provided!
- Lexis, Westlaw and Bloomberg Training (Theut/Benson)
- October 6 2015 at 3:30 PMLaw ClassroomLexis, Westlaw and Bloomberg Training for 1L students
- I. Goodman Cohen Lecture in Trial Advocacy (for law students)
- October 7 2015 at 12:15 PMLaw School,Susan Haack will deliver the I. Goodman Cohen Lecture in Trial Advocacy. Her topic will be "Mind the Analytical Gap! Tracing a Fault Line in Daubert." Haack is distinguished professor in the humanities, Cooper senior scholar in arts and sciences, professor of philosophy and professor of law at the University of Miami. Lunch will be provided. This lunchtime presentation is primarily for Wayne Law students. (A public presentation is planned later in the day with the lecture at 5:30 p.m. followed by a reception at 6:30 p.m.) The I. Goodman Cohen Lecture Series was established by the family of the late I. Goodman Cohen, a prominent trial lawyer who was active in the Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, known today as the Michigan Association for Justice.
- More Events
Lee Hornberger '82, presented "2015 Michigan Arbitration and Mediation Case Law Update" at the State Bar of Michigan...Read more
Director of Clinical Education; Associate (Clinical) Professor D'lorah Hughes spoke about "Curriculum Innovation in Experiential Education" at the 30th...Read more
Robert Okonowski joined intellectual property law firm Darrow Mustafa PC in Northville as a law clerk. He is a...Read more