Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne State University names Richard Bierschbach new dean of its law school
- May 26, 2017
- Wayne Law to host June 5 golf outing
- May 25, 2017
- Wayne Law students tour public interest organizations
- May 18, 2017
- Wayne Law Commencement honors 120
- May 18, 2017
Professors in the News
Professor of Law Peter Henning was a guest on a Marketplace podcast discussing the departure of Uber CEO Travis Kalanick.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by Detroit Metro Times for its report, "Stiff charges brought in Flint water case, but will justice be served?"Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by The Detroit News for its report, "Young: Special prosecutor for Duggan demolition program."Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote "Billions' Worth of Baubles Could Wind Up in U.S. Hands in 1MDB Case," for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- BARBRI Bar Review Course
- June 26 2017 at 8:00 AMLaw School Building Room 2103Bar review course for law students preparing for the July 2017 Michigan bar exam.
- Information Democracy: Legal Research
- June 27 2017 at 6:00 PMWayne State University Law LibraryThe Detroit Equity Action Lab at Wayne Law's Damon J. Keith Center for Civil Rights presents "Information Democracy: Community Investigation and Research Trainings."The fifth of eight workshops will cover Legal Research and teach basic skills for navigating law libraries, such as how to look up cases and legal precedents.The workshops are free and open to the public. A light dinner will be served beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- CitizenDetroit Candidate Forum - City Council district candidates
- June 29 2017 at 5:30 PMThe Cathedral Church of St. PaulJoin CitizenDetroit for a Dinner and Dialogue about City Council district candidates who will appear on the August 8, 2017 primary election ballot. The candidates have been invited to introduce themselves and identify their priority issues if elected. You will have the chance to: Learn more about the roles and responsibilities of the district candidates. Judge for yourself which candidates reflect your values and priorities. EVENT HOSTS: WSU president emeritus Dr. Irvin D. Reid and former Detroit Councilmember Sheila Cockrel Admission is free, but reservations are required. Space is limited. Dinner starts at 5:30 p.m., program at 6 p.m. To attend, RSVP online or call 313-577-5550. **CITY COUNCIL DISTRICT CANDIDATES: District 1: De'Andre Nelson, Tamara Smith and James Tate District 2: Linda D. Bernard, George Cushingberry Jr., Roy McCalister Jr., Helena Scott, Virgil Smith and Tyra Dear Williams District 3: Cedric Banks, Russ Bellant, Scott Benson, Dennis Green and Adam Mundy District 4: Ane Bomani, Jackie Grant, Latisha Johnson and Andre Spivey District 5:* Mary Sheffield and Jewel Ware District 6: Tyrone Carter, Raquel Castaneda-Lopez, Felicita Lugo District 7: Gabe Leland, Regina Ross and JoAnna Underwood *District 5 candidates will not appear on the August ballot, according to officials, because only two candidates were certified. They will appear on the general election ballot in November. **Invited, participation not confirmed.
- BARBRI Bar Review Course (Simulated Michigan Bar Exam)
- June 30 2017 at 8:00 AMLaw School Building Room 2103Bar review course for law students preparing for the July 2017 Michigan bar exam.
- Wayne Law Supplemental Bar Preparation Program
- July 1 2017 at 9:00 AMSpencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThis 5 part series acts as extra preparation for Wayne Law alumni preparing for the bar exam. This is a course designed exclusively for Wayne Law with JD Advising, which supplements students' bar prep programs by giving them extra practice opporutnities and intensive review sessions.
- Wayne Law Detroit Admitted Student Dinner
- July 11 2017 at 6:00 PMHopCatPlease join Interim Dean Gable, Wayne Law faculty, admissions staff, alumni, and current students for dinner at HopCat, Detroit, MI. This will be a great opportunity to meet your future classmates and professors, and have your law school questions answered by the Dean, alumni, admissions staff and current students. Please click on the link below to RSVP. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests at this dinner.
- More Events
Mark Erman '07, and his brother Eric founded Ermanos Craft Beer & Wine Bar in Tucson, Arizona. They were...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Professor of Law Stephen Calkins spoke at the American Antitrust Institute's annual conference in Washington,...Read more
Dane Lepola was featured in the Detroit Legal News for its report, "Wayne Law student serves as new...Read more