Wayne Law News Center
- Wayne Law students win Women Lawyers Association of Michigan scholarships
- April 25, 2017
- Wayne Law Moot Court team wins best brief, finishes top 8 at national competition
- April 25, 2017
- Wayne Law Review elects editorial board for 2017-18
- April 24, 2017
- Wayne Law students win Michigan Muslim Bar Association scholarships
- April 21, 2017
Professors in the News
Director of the Transnational Environmental Law Clinic; Assistant (Clinical) Professor Nicholas Schroeck was a guest on WDET's Detroit Today, discussing trash, recycling and the Detroit incinerator.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by The Detroit News for its report, "Feds have secret recording of Johnson, 'ghost employee.'Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning wrote, "A Whack at Dodd-Frank Could Hamstring the S.E.C.," for White Collar Watch, his column for The New York Times DealB%k.Read Article
Professor of Law Peter Henning was quoted by Bloomberg Politics for its report, "Giuliani's Talk With Erdogan Adds Mystery to U.S. Sanctions Case."Read Article
- More Profs in the News
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Law School cap and gown pick up
- April 28 2017 at 10:00 AMWayne Law LobbyWayne Law students who ordered Commencement caps and gowns in March can pick up their orders. Pick up your cap and gown at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore table. Complete our New Grad form and receive a Wayne Law travel mug at the Alumni Relations table. Special note: Due to unforeseen circumstances, the time for Friday pick up has changed to 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wayne Law Supplemental Bar Preparation Program
- May 6 2017 at 9:00 AMSpencer M. Partrich AuditoriumThis 5 part series acts as extra preparation for Wayne Law alumni preparing for the bar exam. This is a course designed exclusively for Wayne Law with JD Advising, which supplements students' bar prep programs by giving them extra practice opporutnities and intensive review sessions.
- Civic Leadership Conference: Building a Moment Together
- May 6 2017 at 9:00 AMDamon J. Keith CenterJoin APIA Vote-MI and the Asian-American Engagement Coalition for our 3rd annual Asian American Civic Leadership Conference on Saturday, May 6th from 9am-4pm at Wayne State University. Our theme thise year is: "Bulidng a Movement Together."
- Mock Trial Try Outs
- May 11 2017 at 8:30 AMMoot CourtroomMock Trials will hold tryouts for the upcoming Fall Mock Trial teams. A sign-up sheet will be available on the Mock Trial TWEN page, students will register for a specific tryout time slot.
- Michigan Employment Lawyers Association
- May 11 2017 at 5:30 PMLaw School Building Partrich Auditorium & AtriumJudges speaking to lawyers, pre-law, and law students with practical advice.
- Annual DPS High School Mock Trial Tournament
- May 15 2017 at 9:00 AMLaw School Partrich AuditoriumAnnual DPS High School Mock Trial Tournament in partnership with Neighborhood Legal Services.
- More Events
Lauren Saad '14, has joined Resnick Law in Bloomfield Hills as an associate. She earned her bachelor's degree in...Read more
Faculty, staff accomplishments
Professor of Law Stephen Calkins spoke at the 17th annual Loyola Antitrust Colloquium in Chicago.Read more
Krystal Murphy and teammate Isabella Shaya were runners-up in the Wayne State University Law School Mock Trial...Read more